GTX 980 and Core i5 8400

-Hayden-

Excuse the bad grammar.

I am planning to build my very first pc. I was planning with a GTX 980 (EVGA SC) and a Core i5 8400. But will my cpu will bottleneck my gpu?

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

You'll be fine

Thanks

8 hours ago, Slottr said:

You'll be fine

i geess the OP didnt ask any specific question. very nice answer im loving it

If you'd like a more specific answer please provide us with games you'll be playing and the resolution, but that's a decent match for 1080p.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

16 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

If you'd like a more specific answer please provide us with games you'll be playing and the resolution, but that's a decent match for 1080p.

Alot of PS3 games (emulated), Minecraft (Ultra shaders/texture packs), and Raft. All of these games will be in 1080p.

6 minutes ago, -Hayden- said:

Alot of PS3 games (emulated),

can 8400/ 6core handle ps3? rpcs3 uses 9 cores intensively for most games.

1 hour ago, -Hayden- said:

Alot of PS3 games (emulated), Minecraft (Ultra shaders/texture packs), and Raft. All of these games will be in 1080p.

Emulating is incredibly CPU intensive, especially for PS3. I would suggest you just buy a used PS3 if you want to play games properly.

For any PC games an 8400 is going to be a great choice.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I have the same cpu I5 8400 and i have a rtx 2070 which is close to a 1080ti when OC to paired it up with. I hit 96-97% Gpu load when gaming with no issues  so you will be fine with a 980.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

3 hours ago, nhatduy1611 said:

I have the same cpu I5 8400 and i have a rtx 2070 which is close to a 1080ti when OC to paired it up with. I hit 96-97% Gpu load when gaming with no issues  so you will be fine with a 980.

what games are you playing on those emulator? everygame is basiclly the same i geuss utilizing 9 cores and stuff