Movie Databse by FPO

This thread will have a few select lists of movies.

Stellar movies

Good movies

okay/watchable movies

Bad/unwatchable movies

Unique movies

If you recommend any movies, I will do what I can to find it, watch it & give it some sort of rating.
I will be very strict on my personal rating system so a lot of movies will be okay to bad/unwatchable.

Stellar movies are must see ultimate withstand all tests of time. If you aren't going to watch movies, but you HAD to see some, these are the ones you should see. At the time of this writing, I don't even have any.

Good movies are movies that are good (at least on the first watch through)

Okay movies are those kinds that aren't super interesting, but aren't outright bad. They're good to watch when nothing else is going on, but not anything to really bat an eye about.

Bad/unwatchable movies are movies you should just never ever waste your time watching.

Unique movies are a collection of movies that are unique to a degree that they really stand out. Not all of them may be worth watching. I will note if I think they're bad but unique enough to be interesting.

I will do my best to post spoiler free tl;dr descriptions.
For Example:
Star Wars Episode 4 - A fantasy future adventure where the rebels fight a galactic empire with many aliens & robots.

Complete list of movies seen in alphabetical order:

Spoiler

2001 a space odyssey 1968 - (idek) A mysterious black box is strewn about the galaxy across time & space.

American History X - A Neo-Nazi back from prison shuns who he once was & hates the legendary status he acquired.

Bohemian Rhapsody 2018 - Re-enactment of the band Queen's rise until the lead singer's last concert.

Dr. Strangelove or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb 1964 - Nuclear weapons are about to be dropped. What do you do when you know it's the end of the world?

A Clockwork Orange 1971 - "Is it better for a man to have chosen evil than to have good imposed upon him?"

Deadpool 2016 - 2018

Spoiler

1 2016 - An ex militaryman dying of cancer has an opportunity to become a super soldier in exchange to not die of cancer

2 2018 - Deadpool is stopping criminals around the world. However his only chance at life is to work with the X-Men

Event Horizon 1997 - The first Event Horizon ship re-appeared after years of being missing. At the edge of the solar system, something is off about what happened.

Ex Machina 2014 - An programmer is taken to give an AI the turing test.

Exam 2009 - A group of job applicants must take an exam they don't have the question to.

Harry Potter 2001-2011

Spoiler

Philosopher's Stone 2001 - A young boy learns he is a wizard & goes to a secret wizard school

Chamber of Secrets 2002 - The wizard school has some dark secrets hidden & a beast lurking about

Prizoner of Azkabam 2004 -

Goblet of Fire 2005 - There is a wizard tournament. It is dangerous but gives a life of honour

Order of the Phoenix 2007 -

Half-Blood Prince 2009 -

Deathly Hallows Part 1 2010 - The dark lord can only be defeated if his artifacts are destroyed. Harry must find them.

Deathly Hallows Part 2 2011 - The dark lord has come for Harry Potter. This is the final stand for the entire world.

Hereditary 2018 -

IT 2017 - Kids are mysteriously disappearing. The anomaly occurs religiously every few years.

King Kong 1933 - A renowned jungle film maker gets a pretty girl for a new film about a mysterious beast on an undocumented island.

King Kong 2005 - A film maker is desperate to escape the police & quickly shoot a movie about a mysterious island to pay off his debts.

Kung Fu Hustle 2004 - The axe gang isn't satisfied with the tenant community owned by kung fu masters

The Lego Movie 2014 - 2019

Spoiler

Part 1 2014 - The lego character Emit lives in a lego branded world. Some people want to build new creations, but someone has a plan to keep everything the way it was meant to be

Part 2 2019 - New legos appear to be sinister & something is about to cause an apocalypse for the lego world.

Marvel Universe 2006 - 2019

Spoiler

Iron Man 2006 - A weapons inventor is captured by terrorists & creates a new weapon to escape

Infinity War 2018 - All the heroes from the past 12 years band together to fight Thanos who intends to kill half the universe.

Monty Python

Spoiler

Quest for the Holy Grail 1975 - King Arthur builds a team of knights to collect the Holy Grail

Overlord 2019 - June 6th 1944, paratroopers drop into a French Village but the people are scared of the radio tower they're meant to destroy.

Shudder Island 2010 - 2 detectives must investigate a missing person on an island but something isn't quite right

Star Wars 1977 - 2005 (Okay.. FINE! ...Disney makes star wars movies now too..)

Spoiler

Episode 1 - A trade dispute puts the people of naboo at risk. In an attempt to reach the senate, a mysterious boy has unique qualities

Episode 2 - The trade dispute turned into a civil war. The separatists are now at war with the senate. A new clone army has emerged

Episode 3 - The civil war is in full swing however the civil was is coming to an end with decisive events

Solo -

Rogue One -

Episode 4 - The senate reformed into an Empire & is slowly attempting to crush the rebellion

Episode 5 -

Episode 6 -

Wreck it Ralph 2012-2018

Spoiler

Wreck 2012 - A bad video game character decides he wants to be a good character

Breaks the internet 2018 - Ralph does what he can to keep his friend who's becoming disinterested in his interests.

Stellar movies

Good movies

Okay/watchable movies

Bad movies

Unique movies

1 hour ago, fpo said:

Stellar movies

Johnny Mnemonic, 1995. (6/10)

The Lawnmower Man, 1992. (7/10)

Sneakers, 1992. (10/10)

Hacker, 1995. (9/10)

Every 'Die Hard' movie ever made. (10/10)

The Matrix, 1999. (9/10)

Existenz, 1999. (7/10)

FoolProof, 2003. (9/10)

The Score, 2001. (8/10)

The Italian Job, 2003. (7/10)

The Illusionist, 2006. (10/10)

Transcendence, 2014. (10/10)

The Imitation Game, 2014. (8/10)

Law Abiding Citizen, 2009. (7/10)

Enemy of the State, 1998. (8/10)

The 'Bourne' series. (8/10)

Limitless, 2011. (8/10)

In Time,  2011. (7/10)

The Prestige, 2006. (9/10)

A Beautiful Mind, 2001. (8/10)

- I'm done for now, when I think of more I'll post them.

The X-Files, 1998. (10/10)

The Rock, 1996. (9/10)

Batman Dark Knight, 2008. (9/10)

Swordfish, 2001. (7/10)

The Martian, 2015. (8/10)

Blade Runner, 1982. (9/10)

Interview with a Vampire, 1994. (10/10)

Survivor, 2015. (8/10)

AI, 2001. (9/10)

Jurassic Park,1993. (10/10)

Murder on the Orient Express, 2017. (10/10)

Edit: For Reference:

Death To Smoochy, 2002. (4/10)

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, 1989. (6/10)

Alita: Battle Angel, 2019. (8/10)

The Rocketeer, 1991. (6/10)

Once Upon a Time in Mexico, 2003. (6/10)

Mr & Mrs Smith, 2005. (6/10)

Pacific Rim, 2013. (5/10)

The Simpsons Movie, 2007. (4/5)

3 minutes ago, CodeNova said:

snip

Well it'd seem I now have a huge backlog I've gotta go through now.

I haven't seen/heard of a lot of them.

Just to help keep good movies known, can you put your favourite/best movies labeled & bad movies labeled?
I'd prefer to look at the better movies first to have more information on those. I've seen a lot of bad movies.

This is a WIP and will always be updated. (INB4 someone says what about your game list?)

28 minutes ago, fpo said:

INB4 someone says what about your game list?

Don't have a games list, I'm not a big fan of video games.

1 hour ago, CodeNova said:

Don't have a games list, I'm not a big fan of video games.

I have a games list I haven't updated.

Stellar Movies:

Highwayman (2019)

3:10 To Yuma (2008?)

Good Movies

The Lone Ranger (2013)

OK movies

Black Panther (2018)

12 Strong (2018)

Probably some others that I'm forgetting right now, but I would give 12 Strong a solid 10/10 personally.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Looking at the list at the top ... I'm a bit sad for you... they're good movies but you're missing a lot of GREAT movies.

Here's what I suggest you watch

12 angry men (1957) : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050083/

HBO redid the movie recently, but the old one is better

The night of the hunter (1955) : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048424/

Not posting trailer because the trailer sucks, the movie is really good.

76. North by Northwest (1959)

More modern :

(from imdb top 250)

6. Schindler's List (1993)
  30. The Green Mile (1999)

31. Interstellar (2014)

155. Blade Runner (1982)

Gattaca (1997) (great sci-fi movie)  : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119177/

Predestination (2014) : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2397535/

Atonement (2007) : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783233/

Anime

Your name (2016) (excellent animation, beautiful) : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5311514/

From the same director/writer/whatever

5 Centimeters Per Second (2007) : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0983213/

other excellent anime

Spirited Away (2001) : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/

must see Grave of the fireflies (1988)  (sad but beautiful)  : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095327/

As usual, there's others that I really enjoyed but just don't come to mind as i write this. There's some very good movies but don't show up in imdb top 250 because they have too few votes compared to movies like x-men and avengers and modern stuff.