can i attach a 8 gb ram single stick along with my old 4gb ram x 2 1600 mhz run at the same time?

Greetings all. My question is I have an old computer. Thing is it has corsair4gb ddr3 1600 MHz ram in each slot I have a total of 8 GB ram presently. Can another 8 GB ram be added to another free slot the motherboard has or does it have to be more 4gb ddr3 1600 MHz x 2.I am confused so I am asking to all my learned friends in here please if you know about this topic enlighten me? Thanks in advance have a nice day.

4 minutes ago, Suvo31 said:

Greetings all. My question is I have an old computer. Thing is it has corsair4gb ddr3 1600 MHz ram in each slot I have a total of 8 GB ram presently. Can another 8 GB ram be added to another free slot the motherboard has or does it have to be more 4gb ddr3 1600 MHz x 2.I am confused so I am asking to all my learned friends in here please if you know about this topic enlighten me? Thanks in advance have a nice day.

type into google the MOBO you have and read its specs and find out what total amt of ram it can support. most MOBO's of ddr3 era support upto 8 gig in my knowledge just check it out.

everyting looks good, you also have 64bit OS so yup you can put in another 8 gig stick, btw just curious- what kind of functionality you use to optimize the requirement of 16 gig ram? you got 4 slots right?

I intend to play games with it as advised by other learned friends in here I buy an Rx 580 from Sapphire  too later this year a total of 42 games are there in my steam and most of them are preorders got them early and so to be safe for gaming for at least 3 years upgrading the ram and GPU  to be safe in form of gaming for at least 3years. Here one of the games I pre-ordered before a rise in the price hike. Moreover, I cannot upgrade my rig soon so I wait for another 3 years max and then upgrade accordingly. I get a new rig and change all the parts.

Screenshot (21).png

makes sense  you got 6 SATA ports just jam in one SATA ssd- boot win through it and install games on it  too and use hdd for more secondary storage. will crank up performance and elongate the system threshold.

thank you, friend, have a nice day will keep all your advice in mind would help me a lot 

4 hours ago, Suvo31 said:

thank you, friend, have a nice day will keep all your advice in mind would help me a lot 

nah man thank to the LMG team;literally this platform they've built is just priceless and awesome for noobs and tech enthusiasts like me and you.