Looking for Free or online Design software

So I have been using MS Paint to design the layout for my new computer "very accurate" So I was wondering if theirs a free cad program that I can use that has the ability to do the same thing?  

12 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

So I have been using MS Paint to design the layout for my new computer "very accurate" So I was wondering if theirs a free cad program that I can use that has the ability to do the same thing?  

i use Autodesks Tinkercad. its an online 3d modelling tool. intended use is for 3d printing but ... its very simple to use and the fact that its in browser means i can quickly access the models anywhere. check out my "plan" for watercooling my rig 

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/1PN5nKlOydB 

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Blender has tons of assets

PC building simulator on steam 

i agree on these. blender is supposed to be great but i myself havent yet taken the time to learn it. pc building simulator i wouldnt recommend just because i assume its not free and you only do pcs and im not sure to what extend. where real 3d modeling allows you to model and plan anything once you laern how to use it.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

2 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

As @Brooksie359 said, sketchup, its free and dose a lot, plugins help a bunch.

Its too bad that SketchUp is only web now, after Trimble bought it. But if that works for you. Inkscape, GIMP and several free CAD software (I used one for testing, but now I get Microstation from school).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Paint.NET (a free replica of photoshop)

Unity

Panzoid (website)

I use those 3 and its great

Neko52

14 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Its too bad that SketchUp is only web now, after Trimble bought it. But if that works for you. Inkscape, GIMP and several free CAD software (I used one for testing, but now I get Microstation from school).

You can still download sketchup download

Gimp is nice, and yeah FreeCAD rocks too. *two thumbs up*

5 hours ago, CodeNova said:

You can still download sketchup download

Gimp is nice, and yeah FreeCAD rocks too. *two thumbs up*

Good to know, I didn't find it when I last tried to install.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv