Remote access and monitoring

So here is the deal,

I built a new PC/Server to host node.js. I have it hooked it up to monitor and its sitting next to my router.

I have it set up as an access point with TeamViewer meaning I can connect at any time. I am open for any other applications that are better and free I could use.

As TeamViewer is slightly resource heavy, I dont want to have the screen up all the time just to monitor the temperatures. I am looking for an application, that will let me see the CPU Utilisation and Temps and Memory Usage, on a separate PC.

I am also looking for a local resource monitor that will graph long time (as its going to be on pretty much 24/7).

Thanks in advanced,

Oliver 

idk tbh

Look into ‘monitoring tools’ there are loads on the market. I think LTT even gets sponsored by one.

nowadays i’d Be looking at something that is a cloud based SaaS solution so the data all gets sent to the internet and you get nice pretty UIs etc. Also if you’re hosting a web application then something with ‘apm’ may be nice as you can get performance data out of your web application not just basic OS level stats like cpu/memory.

some even offer some nice remote management capabilities too 

newrelic is pretty popular, but does monitoring not management.

1 hour ago, Jay Deah said:

Look into ‘monitoring tools’ there are loads on the market. I think LTT even gets sponsored by one.

nowadays i’d Be looking at something that is a cloud based SaaS solution so the data all gets sent to the internet and you get nice pretty UIs etc. Also if you’re hosting a web application then something with ‘apm’ may be nice as you can get performance data out of your web application not just basic OS level stats like cpu/memory.

some even offer some nice remote management capabilities too 

newrelic is pretty popular, but does monitoring not management.

I am only really hosting node.js and running a few steam games on an alt account to see how many hours I can get

idk tbh

I'm using grafana as of late and love it, you get a pretty dashboard in which you can monitor everything under the sun. You can pull snmp data from various network devices, or in your case just local system resources. Is this system running linux or windows, and do you have any other servers maybe running a hypervisor?

Also, what all does node.js do, briefly looked at their about page and I don't think I quite understand what it is all about.

It’s an application server for hosting web applications. Think of it like tomcat, IIS, those sort of things. 

12 minutes ago, Jay Deah said:

It’s an application server for hosting web applications. Think of it like tomcat, IIS, those sort of things. 

Oh, well that's a letdown. Already have enough bouncing around my head/lab... apache/tomcat/nginx and thankfully no IIS at home, but at work :-(.