Can I Top Mount A Radiator On The Lian Li Lancool One White?

ArcticEngineer

Hey guys! I have a lot of post on this forum about cases and I was wondering about the Lian Li Lancool One White. Lian Li claims on their site that they can fit 120mm, 240mm, and 360mm radiators on the top. But when I look at the case, the top clearance looks so small and doesn't look like it could fit a radiator and fans. I believe I have a ML240L, with the radiator being 27mm thick and the fans 25mm thick.

1 minute ago, ArcticEngineer said:

Hey guys! I have a lot of post on this forum about cases and I was wondering about the Lian Li Lancool One White. Lian Li claims on their site that they can fit 120mm, 240mm, and 360mm radiators on the top. But when I look at the case, the top clearance looks so small and doesn't look like it could fit a radiator and fans. I believe I have a ML240L, with the radiator being 27mm thick and the fans 25mm thick.

The case has offset mounting to accommodate the rad so it doesn't interfere with the motherboard but check and see if you have very tall VRM heatsinks or RAM for the required clearances. 

05.jpg

1 minute ago, W-L said:

The case has offset mounting to accommodate the rad so it doesn't interfere with the motherboard but check and see if you have very tall VRM heatsinks or RAM for the required clearances. 

05.jpg

I believe I have a B350-F Strix and Geil Luce Super RGB Ram. I believe the Ram is about the size of Trident Z RGB and the mobo's VRM heatsink are kind of high

1 minute ago, ArcticEngineer said:

I believe I have a B350-F Strix and Geil Luce Super RGB Ram. I believe the Ram is about the size of Trident Z RGB and the mobo's VRM heatsink are kind of high

If you have the case and hadware on hand and you know the thickness of the rad and fans you can simply take two fans stacked together and placed in the correct mounting spot to get a physical measurement of the clearances and space you have in the case.

Looking at these photos with 120mm fans you should have lots of room. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/LianLi/Lancool_One_Digital/4.html

Spoiler

innerceiling.jpg

lian-li-lancool-one-4

1 minute ago, W-L said:

If you have the case and hadware on hand and you know the thickness of the rad and fans you can simply take two fans stacked together and placed in the correct mounting spot to get a physical measurement of the clearances and space you have in the case.

Looking at these photos with 120mm fans you should have lots of room. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/LianLi/Lancool_One_Digital/4.html

Reveal hidden contents

innerceiling.jpg

lian-li-lancool-one-4

I currently don't have the case as I'm changing cases, I'm only considering this case. Although I do have all my hardware, including AIO, Motherboard, and Ram. 

Image result for lian li lancool one top radiator

I found this picture off the internet which leads me to believe that I'm ok, unless there are any red flags with this photo

18 hours ago, ArcticEngineer said:

I currently don't have the case as I'm changing cases, I'm only considering this case. Although I do have all my hardware, including AIO, Motherboard, and Ram. 

I found this picture off the internet which leads me to believe that I'm ok, unless there are any red flags with this photo

You should be totally okay. the only issue you might have is if it was the 280mm version, as the radiator gets closer to the ram (most cases recommend only about 35mm ram in that instance)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

36 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

You should be totally okay. the only issue you might have is if it was the 280mm version, as the radiator gets closer to the ram (most cases recommend only about 35mm ram in that instance)

I have a 240mm AIO so I should be fine, thanks for the help!