[Amazon] Kingston SSDNow V300 120/240GB [$59.99/$124.99]

Bump. It's currently $66 for the 120GB version and $125 for the 240GB.

Posted Image

I used your link but i changed the ssd capacity does that still go through the affiliate program? If not ill cancel and reorder it.

I am tempted to go balls to the walls and get 2 480GB!

CASE: Corsair 400R CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition MOBO: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula COOLER: CORSAIR H50

GPU1: ASUS 6970 DirectCU II GPU2: VisionTek 6970 2GB

PSU: CORSAIR HX1050 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600 MHz

here in the UK you can get Crucial M500 240Gb for £85-95. The price go up and down every day, so check it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BQ8RM1A/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

Processor- AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity Quad-Core 3.4GHz. Motherboard- MSI Socket FM2 FM2-A75MA-E35. GPU- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti SC 2GB GDDR5. RAM-  4GB Corsair Vengeance. Storage- 750GB Seagate Barracuda HDD. PSU- Corsair CX500. Case- Rosewill Line-M MiniATX.

Dell Inspiron N5110 intel i5

Sup with them reviews? Is it true?

This..pretty worried about getting it because of the reviews that said Kingston changed switched to cheap asynchronous memory chips that don't run in parallel after the first few months of production.

CPU: Intel Core i5 - 4670K RAM: GeIL EVO Veloce Series 2x4GB MOBO: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 GPU: EVGA GTX 780 FTW PSU: Seasonic SSR - 650RM CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 200R

I used your link but i changed the ssd capacity does that still go through the affiliate program? If not ill cancel and reorder it.

The affiliate link leaves a cookie that lasts 24 hours unless you clear it or use a different affiliate link. 

Sup with them reviews? Is it true?

This..pretty worried about getting it because of the reviews that said Kingston changed switched to cheap asynchronous memory chips that don't run in parallel after the first few months of production.

Not sure. I haven't had an issue with them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Not sure. I haven't had an issue with them.

When did you get yours? Bad reviews are from people who purchased the drive december last year and january this year

CPU: Intel Core i5 - 4670K RAM: GeIL EVO Veloce Series 2x4GB MOBO: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 GPU: EVGA GTX 780 FTW PSU: Seasonic SSR - 650RM CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 200R

When did you get yours? Bad reviews are from people who purchased the drive december last year and january this year

I think I worked with 2 in December but not any recently. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I think I worked with 2 in December but not any recently. 

Ohh. It's so tempting to order it but the reviews  :wacko:

Ohh. It's so tempting to order it but the reviews  :wacko:

Consider that there are 553 customer reviews on Amazon and that it has a rating of 4.5 stars. 

This is one hell of a deal. I just bought the 120GB Samsung Evo.  Great drive but this is $23 less for the Kingston. and 240GB for $128.  BUY IT!

C0yote51

The 480gb version is around $250 on amazon. It's 55% off as well

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Yes I understand, that's why putting amazon.com in title tells me (and every canadian) instantly to keep looking for something else. It doesn't mean it's for US only, just not for Can or UK(not sure).

NOt sure if this is answered but this product can ship to Canada or at least my part of canada, we are not applicable for free shipping, there is an import fee but the total comes up to about 80$ but still cheaper than.ca

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Don't know if it's been at this price lately or not, but Newegg.com has the 120gb model for the same price. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820721107

It's recent. Newegg and Amazon matches their prices every now and then.

It's recent. Newegg and Amazon matches their prices every now and then.

Gotcha, well I guess if people prefer Newegg they have the option then. Thanks for the info, might be useful for future buys.

If just the Amazon UK had the same deal.. :(

International for 82 for 120GB

The 840 Pro line of Samsung drives are as good as it gets right now. The EVO drives are also superb drives, tho recent tests show they aren't exactly worth the money to heavy I/O users. EVO drives start reallocating bad sectors after 400 TB of data has been written to them (thanks to TLC NAND). Which is quite a number to reach, most standard home users wont ever reach that before its time to upgrade (409,600 GB). Tho it is something to take into consideration if you buy these drives for extremely heavy I/O tasks. Otherwise I agree the Samsung lineup of drives are the best on the market. Tho for $69 you cannot beat the price-per-GB ratio for these Kingston SSD's.

• Kingston V300 120 GB = $0.58/GB
  • Samsung EVO 120 GB = $0.91/GB

• Kingston V300 240 GB = $0.54/GB
  • Samsung EVO 250 GB = $0.69/GB

v300 is actually way worse than 840 EVO so its not even a comparison.

v300 failed at only 14.8 TIB (completely dead) compared to 840 that start to relocate bad sector at 100 TiB (still works).

last generation SSD's like Samsung 830 or Crucial M4 can be had for a very good deal on ebay and is miles better in terms of endurance compared to contemporary ssd.

heck both 830 and m4 achieve past 2000 TiB and they still worked fine.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

v300 is actually way worse than 840 EVO so its not even a comparison.

v300 failed at only 14.8 TIB (completely dead) compared to 840 that start to relocate bad sector at 100 TiB (still works).

last generation SSD's like Samsung 830 or Crucial M4 can be had for a very good deal on ebay and is miles better in terms of endurance compared to contemporary ssd.

heck both 830 and m4 achieve past 2000 TiB and they still worked fine.

Unless I misread something, this is only a single tested unit..

Unless I misread something, this is only a single tested unit..

also in the post that he links the equivalently sized 830 did not last anywhere near 2000TiB 

Dives that are much smaller use fewer NAND chips even in the same product line are not directly comparable.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.