Anyone have any tips on how to sandwich fans between case and radiator

I'm trying to put my first custom loop together and it's proving more challenging than i anticipated.  I have a 60mm multi port radiator that i need to mount to the top of my PC-O11 case and i need to mount it with the fans between the case and radiator because the multiport plugs prevent it screwing in flush with the case (see pic).

Spoiler

una2fib.jpg

I've been tearing my hair out trying to do this because i'm placing the fans on the radiator, offering it up to the case with my left hand whilst trying to get the screws through the case, through the fans and in the radiator with my right hand and then screwing them in.  All whilst trying to stop the fans shifting about as i do this. So far i've failed miserably.

Am i being completely thick or is this meant to be a right royal pain in the bum?

you can always use double sided sticky tape and clue the corner of the fans to the rad, just make holes for the bolts first

do not forget to use bolts provided by the manufacturer

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

The rad should have came with longer screws,I would mount the fans between the case and rad.Use those longer screws so it pushes the rad down enough to give you clearance.Just make sure the fans are blowing the way you want before you screw it all together lol.

You screw the rad to the case. Then the fan to the rad. Not in that order though. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz