Should I buy a DAC/AMP?

PokeCatz

So I've received the Sennheiser PC 360 (Originals) and I was thinking that my motherboards integrated audio just wouldn't cut it anymore. Coming from the Logitech G430's, is the microphone better? And how much should I spend on a DAC? I was hoping on spending ~75 USD.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

1 hour ago, Himommies said:

I would save that 75 bucks and put it towards a GPU upgrade from that 650ti

I have a 7970 now and I only play LOL (Didn't update my profile ?)

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

1 hour ago, PokeCatz said:

I have a 7970 now and I only play LOL (Didn't update my profile ?)

well if it doesn't sound like it's loud or clean enough on you onboard yes definitely but if you are satisfied with the sound no. around that price you can grab fiio k3 which is the best sounding dac amp combo on that price point but you can also grab the fx audio  dac x6 which is more powerful than the k3 if the k3 isn't powerful enough. but the pc 360 is designed that it should work fine with onboard audio, the only time you should really be concerned about your on board not being enough is when you start spending around $150 + on headphones. 

3 hours ago, PokeCatz said:

And how much should I spend on a DAC? I was hoping on spending ~75 USD.

you can't buy a stand alone dac without buying a stand alone amp first. so a dac/amp combo would be best for this budget. 

I recommend an interface like a Behringer U-Phoria or Focusrite Scarlett. These are both DAC and ADC and also aplifiers for an instrument or/and microphone. 

19 hours ago, rice guru said:

you can't buy a stand alone dac without buying a stand alone amp first. so a dac/amp combo would be best for this budget. 

That explains it. Sounds like you can't go wrong going for the combo.