are all in one liquid coolers really that bad?

(question/problem 1) I'm looking at getting an AIO but the reviews are telling me that pumps break way too fast ive seen people talk about pumps and fans breaking from first use all the way to 2 months and I feel like for 220 dollars for a 360 AIO we should expect some better quality I would like to hear what people have to say about this I get that maybe they just got that one bad AIO but its still a thought...…..

(question/problem 2) I find my tower style cooler to be good enough I'm running my non delided 8700k at 4.75GHZ and the max temp was like 70c and a min of 38c should I just find a better fan or maybe a push pull config?  

Just now, Sir_Dusk said:

(question/problem 1) I'm looking at getting an AIO but the reviews are telling me that pumps break way too fast ive seen people talk about pumps and fans breaking from first use all the way to 2 months and I feel like for 220 dollars for a 360 AIO we should expect some better quality I would like to hear what people have to say about this I get that maybe they just got that one bad AIO but its still a thought...…..

(question/problem 2) I find my tower style cooler to be good enough I'm running my non delided 8700k at 4.75GHZ and the max temp was like 70c and a min of 38c should I just find a better fan or maybe a push pull config?  

the tower cooler is a msi core frozr L if anyone asks with a 1800rpm fan

Not if you buy a good one..corsair and nzxt make a good AIO and they have a warranty..nzxt will even replace your damaged parts in case of leak.

If your tower is enough for now then why bother..the thing is water heat up slower than metal.

I see a lot of reviewer benchmark an AIO in the wrong way..you should run those aida for like 1-2 hour to get an accurate result.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

The vast majority of AIO's are OEM by Asetek (if the pump is integrated into the block, there's a very, very, very good chance that it's Asetek), with each manufacturer adding their own flair, usually in the form of the block/pump cover. Outside of that, they're more or less functionally identical, and the performance variances will come from fan quality and design.
I don't have direct quotable numbers to offer you, but Asetek has a reputable track record. Units will fail, as with anything mechanical or electrical, Pick a manufacturer that has a warranty and you'll be good to go. As previously stated, Corsair and NZXT are solid options. EVGA is as well.

If your Core Frozr L is keeping your temps at 70c under load, that's a very respectable number. An AIO may give you a little more overclock headroom, but as a whole, the largest benefit to you at this point in time is likely going to be noise levels.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

On 3/23/2019 at 12:30 AM, Hiya! said:

Not if you buy a good one..corsair and nzxt make a good AIO and they have a warranty..nzxt will even replace your damaged parts in case of leak.

If your tower is enough for now then why bother..the thing is water heat up slower than metal.

I see a lot of reviewer benchmark an AIO in the wrong way..you should run those aida for like 1-2 hour to get an accurate result.

I want the aio for the looks and to over clock a bit more but its still a just a thought 

On 3/23/2019 at 12:54 AM, Semper said:

The vast majority of AIO's are OEM by Asetek (if the pump is integrated into the block, there's a very, very, very good chance that it's Asetek), with each manufacturer adding their own flair, usually in the form of the block/pump cover. Outside of that, they're more or less functionally identical, and the performance variances will come from fan quality and design.
I don't have direct quotable numbers to offer you, but Asetek has a reputable track record. Units will fail, as with anything mechanical or electrical, Pick a manufacturer that has a warranty and you'll be good to go. As previously stated, Corsair and NZXT are solid options. EVGA is as well.

If your Core Frozr L is keeping your temps at 70c under load, that's a very respectable number. An AIO may give you a little more overclock headroom, but as a whole, the largest benefit to you at this point in time is likely going to be noise levels.

yea its pretty loud under load with my gpu even if you ware headphones but isn't it more radiator cooler liquid then lower temp? or am I not getting something 

49 minutes ago, Sir_Dusk said:

yea its pretty loud under load with my gpu even if you ware headphones but isn't it more radiator cooler liquid then lower temp? or am I not getting something 

Liquid cooled setups have more theoretical heat transfer potential, if that's what you're asking, yes (if not, I've misunderstood what you were getting at). What my post is intended to say is that your air cooler is performing well as is. You'll likely get slightly lower temperatures from an AIO, which could potentially mean higher overclocking headroom, but it's not going to be anything drastic. The biggest benefit you're going to see from one is lower noise output for similar performance.

If you're looking to quiet down your whole system though, you're looking at an expandable AIO, or a custom loop that will include the GPU (multi AIO systems will work as well, with something along the lines of an EVGA Hybrid card, or one of the universal AIO mounts from NZXT).

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

360mm AIO's are pirtty much the only ones worth buying form a performance stand point.

The only other time you would go with a smaller AIO, like a 240mm, or even 120mm, would be in SFF builds where u cant fit a good air cooler.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 3/23/2019 at 4:47 AM, Sir_Dusk said:

You've gotta think about how many people have bought AIOs and not left reviews because they work, and the person simply doesn't care about leaving reviews. You'll always see or hear people complain when they've had a bad experience before anything else, they're usually the most vocal, but people don't often pay attention to the good experiences because they're usually much more simplistic in their reviews; "Worked as expected", "Easy to install" etc.

Warranties, guarantees and RMAs being what they are these days, you have very little to lose by taking the step from air to water cooling.

I never had a problem with Corsair stuff, however I don't know how the new ones perform because they seem to have focused more on looks than performance (100i V2 still beats 100i ULTRA XXX PRO V6 or whatever it's called now.) 

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

In most cases tower coolers act almost like an aio as the exhaust fans are so close. So mostly wasting your money vs a decent air cooler. With a gpu its a bit different situation because of how the gpu boost works and most air coolers dump heat in to the case farther away from exhaust fans.

On 3/23/2019 at 5:53 AM, SolarNova said:

360mm AIO's are pirtty much the only ones worth buying form a performance stand point.

The only other time you would go with a smaller AIO, like a 240mm, or even 120mm, would be in SFF builds where u cant fit a good air cooler.

yea I can fit a 360 on the top of my case

22 hours ago, aezakmi said:

I never had a problem with Corsair stuff, however I don't know how the new ones perform because they seem to have focused more on looks than performance (100i V2 still beats 100i ULTRA XXX PRO V6 or whatever it's called now.) 

I was told be one of the people on this thread that nzxt cover any part that gets water damaged so maybe I will go with one from them 

2 minutes ago, Sir_Dusk said:

I was told be one of the people on this thread that nzxt cover any part that gets water damaged so maybe I will go with one from them 

Getting a refund on other hardware than the AiO itself in case of leaks is a nightmare.

As stated with air coolers on the market like the Dark Rock Pro 4 which are silent, good looking and up to the task of cooling an i9 9900K it makes no sense to go for a 360mm AiO unless the aesthetics of it are too appealing to you.

You pay more than double for the same performance but with worse acoustics and a more points of failure.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

8 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Getting a refund on other hardware than the AiO itself in case of leaks is a nightmare.

As stated with air coolers on the market like the Dark Rock Pro 4 which are silent, good looking and up to the task of cooling an i9 9900K it makes no sense to go for a 360mm AiO unless the aesthetics of it are too appealing to you.

You pay more than double for the same performance but with worse acoustics and a more points of failure.

yes exactly that's what I was thinking about 

32 minutes ago, Sir_Dusk said:

yeah but the idea is that you don't have water damage in the first place

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

yeah but the idea is that you don't have water damage in the first place

yea that's just a fear I have if I buy one is if it leaks what happens next?

I think AIOs are worth it if you don't like giant air coolers taking up massive space inside your case. I love the look and simplicity they provide as an alternative to air cooling. I think it's worth taking the chance on, the chance of an actual leak is pretty slim. I'm on my second one without any issues..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

45 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

I think AIOs are worth it if you don't like giant air coolers taking up massive space inside your case. I love the look and simplicity they provide as an alternative to air cooling. I think it's worth taking the chance on, the chance of an actual leak is pretty slim. I'm on my second one without any issues..

what happened to the first?

2 minutes ago, Sir_Dusk said:

what happened to the first?

Sold it because I wanted to downsize my case, which probably won't happen with this build now since I just got a giant 2080 ftw3.. It was a corsair h150i pro and I loved it. Better performance than my new EVGA CLC 280. Both work great, though. My max temp with 5.2ghz OC is around 70 while gaming.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1 hour ago, ch3w2oy said:

Sold it because I wanted to downsize my case, which probably won't happen with this build now since I just got a giant 2080 ftw3.. It was a corsair h150i pro and I loved it. Better performance than my new EVGA CLC 280. Both work great, though. My max temp with 5.2ghz OC is around 70 while gaming.

oh ok