Twitch Stream Settings

AmpedUpDad

Alright, so I'm not sure if this is the right place on the forums to post this, but I am needing some help.

I am a part time Twitch streamer and I could use a little help with my settings on Streamlabs OBS.

Recently, I did a case swap and with that case swap, I also replaced my GTX 670 with a GTX Titan X(Maxwell).

Before the case swap, my stream ran decently with a few stutters here and there. After the case swap, however, my stream last night struggled to stay smooth. 

I did up the graphics settings on the games I was playing(plus I was playing a game I hadn't streamed before(RE2 remake)), but I didn't think it would make the stream stutter so hard.

Could it now be that my cpu(i7-3570k oc'd at 4.2) was just struggling to keep up with the demands of streaming a newer game?

If that's the case, what should I do as far as my setting in SLOBS be? Or what should I be setting my games to for the least stuttering possible?

I do know that I need upgrade the CPU/ram/mobo, but that is only going to happen when ryzen 3000 comes out.

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

what is the cpu usage in game?

Id probably use nvenc for encoding, what encoder are you using now?

I am using NVENC. 

As far as usage goes, I can't quite remember, but it didn't seem like it was getting over 40%.

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

6 minutes ago, AmpedUpDad said:

Could it now be that my cpu(i7-3570k oc'd at 4.2) was just struggling to keep up with the demands of streaming a newer game?

Install Afterburner, enable OSD and all individual CPU-cores in the OSD, then look at their utilization without a stream running -- if any of your cores is at 80% or higher, then yes, you need to set SLOBS to use NVENC or you're gonna need to turn your settings down. Or upgrade your CPU.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Does that model of Titan have NVENC? You could try streaming with that, or with QuickSync. You might take an image quality hit, but you should get better performance.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

30 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

what res and bitrate you use on twitch?

I am outputting 720p and I had the bitrate at 6000 but I dropped it to 4000. That helped slightly.

29 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Install Afterburner, enable OSD and all individual CPU-cores in the OSD, then look at their utilization without a stream running -- if any of your cores is at 80% or higher, then yes, you need to set SLOBS to use NVENC or you're gonna need to turn your settings down. Or upgrade your CPU.

SLOBS is already set to NVENC. I may just have to turn the settings down some more.

5 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

Does that model of Titan have NVENC? You could try streaming with that, or with QuickSync. You might take an image quality hit, but you should get better performance.

I think it has NVENC. I ran the "Stream Optimizer" tool that SLOBS has and tried to roll with those settings, but it gave me the stuttering.

What are your settings? Do you get issues in game or in stream (and if stream, preview or what comes out at Twitch)?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

37 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What are your settings? Do you get issues in game or in stream (and if stream, preview or what comes out at Twitch)?

Bitrate I set to 4000, NVENC, I have a 200mbps connection.

The game isn't really having issues, it's just the stream. My viewers say that it's stuttering pretty bad as well. I could tell on the stream preview.