Budget In Ear Advice

IAR117
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,

I'm also new to the Iem market I'm a headphone guys myself adrecently got a pair of TIN t3's but they are currently really hard to get.  I hear that tin T2's and T3's are perfect for what you are describing but buy at your own availability and budget.and easily be modded just using tape to cover some holes to give it a nice boost in the low end. 

1 hour ago, IAR117 said:

Brainwavz Koel. Speak to me, how are Brainwavz? I know some of you will be irritated that I haven't gone an bought the T2s yet, well it's because I don't know the brand and especially if I'm buying online, I would want to search all possible solutions. They say it's mid range focused and has bright mids, all for £45 with MMCX. Interesting...

don't know much about brainwavz sound wise but they make great pads. 

but you are missing out t2's are basically the best reviewed iem in the under $100 iem category for a reason. 

15 hours ago, rice guru said:

but you are missing out t2's are basically the best reviewed iem in the under $100 iem category for a reason. 

decided, there's a sale on aliexpress for $30 (in a couple of days) minus $5 for new customers, so that'll less than £20, looking  forward to it :D

On 3/13/2019 at 10:34 PM, IAR117 said:

Hi, looking for IEMs under 25 for day to day use. My earpods have just clonked out so now I have an excuse.

I am able to get TRN V80s for £25 ish and have short listed the Senfer DT6, KZ ED16, KZ ES4.

Looking for a non - fatiguing sound signature but don't mind them being bright, just so long as they aren't too sibilant or piercing. Sub bass is appreciated as whenever I try my friend's planar headphones and go back to my Grados, I feel like there's something lacking that I'd love to be able to hear. A detachable cable would be appreciated and so would it being available on amazon or ali express.

Not too fussy with isolation or leaking, just as long as they stay in my ears without falling out.

Thanks in advance :)

I have the TUNAI Creative Drum and these things are insane cost £30 and go down to 10hz. In bassy music they thump hard, pretty much like having a high end sub in your ears. I have had them for around 1 year and no sign of damage whatsoever, very comfortable to wear for a long time, also they come with 4 different ear tips so will fit anyone's ears. They don't leak any audio well unless you play at max volume, I have used them for running and they haven't fell out of my ear ever. Differently worth buying. 

6 hours ago, IAR117 said:

decided, there's a sale on aliexpress for $30 (in a couple of days) minus $5 for new customers, so that'll less than £20, looking  forward to it :D

with the money you saved I would reccomend picking up newbee foam tips or comply tips if you like the foam tips.

real quick, t2 or yinyoo v2 3rd gen? i heard yinyoo has more bass but more tame highs +5£

2 hours ago, IAR117 said:

real quick, t2 or yinyoo v2 3rd gen? i heard yinyoo has more bass but more tame highs +5£

Never heard them before . But if they sound just as good detail wise I would go with your sound signature preference like what you value and what your looking for in this new set 

19 hours ago, rice guru said:

Never heard them before . But if they sound just as good detail wise I would go with your sound signature preference like what you value and what your looking for in this new set 

getting the t2s on thursday (5 year anniversary sale i think) on aliexpress at 50% off, thanks for all the help guys! i'll keep you updated in terms of first impressions or something when they arrive, but again many thanks for the advice :D

On 3/17/2019 at 11:10 AM, kokakolia said:

I don’t know anything about TFZ. 

I don’t know if this is true but: 

- Bright, aggressive & revealing = hype $$$

- Dark, mellow and balanced = nobody cares, bad reviews or no reviews. These types of headphones typically go on clearance sale as nobody wants to buy them. Case in point: anything from KEF or NAD. 

sounds right, i feel like the kefs were a hell of a lot cheaper due to the lack of hype around them, but incredible for what they are. with an eq their mids+highs dont sound far off my grados and they don't suffer from the typical overdone bass, love em! Hopefully the T2s will mirror this listening experience

23 hours ago, rice guru said:

with the money you saved I would reccomend picking up newbee foam tips or comply tips if you like the foam tips.

aren't the t2s supposed to come with already incredible eartips? i dunno, might just be zeos ramble haha

On 3/23/2019 at 5:44 PM, JHurley7nrx said:

I have the TUNAI Creative Drum and these things are insane cost £30 and go down to 10hz. In bassy music they thump hard, pretty much like having a high end sub in your ears. I have had them for around 1 year and no sign of damage whatsoever, very comfortable to wear for a long time, also they come with 4 different ear tips so will fit anyone's ears. They don't leak any audio well unless you play at max volume, I have used them for running and they haven't fell out of my ear ever. Differently worth buying. 

If the T2s didn't exist, they would be on my shortlist. I remember seeing these on sale on amazon about a month ago for £30, but considering I am able to get an over ear detachable wire IEM for less, I don't think these are as well suited to me. I've also heard that they're pretty boomy and being a grado guy, I much more value mids+highs over sub bass, then again I, listening to music through my speakers often open sup a whole new dimension with the bass :)

22 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

aren't the t2s supposed to come with already incredible eartips? i dunno, might just be zeos ramble haha

They are good but gets dirty and will wear out. Comply are just good to have when you need to change em

Just now, rice guru said:

They are good but gets dirty and will wear out. Comply are just good to have when you need to change em

how long does it take before foamies wear out? i've heard differing results, some saying you need a new set every 2 months, sound high maintenance to me

25 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

sounds right, i feel like the kefs were a hell of a lot cheaper due to the lack of hype around them, but incredible for what they are. with an eq their mids+highs dont sound far off my grados and they don't suffer from the typical overdone bass, love em! Hopefully the T2s will mirror this listening experience

If the KEFs were V-shaped and not neutral, they would sell 100x more and the hype from head-fi and Zeos would play a large part in that. 

1 minute ago, kokakolia said:

If the KEFs were V-shaped and not neutral, they would sell 100x more and the hype from head-fi and Zeos would play a large part in that. 

totally true, weirdly he liked the t2s though. anyway can't complain about zeos, it's like top gear, not factually true half the time but undeniably entertaining

1 minute ago, IAR117 said:

how long does it take before foamies wear out? i've heard differing results, some saying you need a new set every 2 months, sound high maintenance to me

Depends on you really. I just like the black and the sound signature change the comply tips give over the stock ones 

Depends on you really. I just like the black and the sound signature change the comply tips give over the stock ones 

did you ever use the ones whihc came with your t3s? i think they're the same but white, just want to know how much life i can expect out of em

1 minute ago, IAR117 said:

totally true, weirdly he liked the t2s though. anyway can't complain about zeos, it's like top gear, not factually true half the time but undeniably entertaining

I don’t mind zeos, but he rambles way too much on pads and build quality and packaging... I just wish I had the same preferences as him. He seems to like bright headphones over darker ones. 

1 minute ago, kokakolia said:

I don’t mind zeos, but he rambles way too much on pads and build quality and packaging... I just wish I had the same preferences as him. He seems to like bright headphones over darker ones. 

holy crap that takstar video is exactly that

Just now, IAR117 said:

did you ever use the ones whihc came with your t3s? i think they're the same but white, just want to know how much life i can expect out of em

I used them for a couple of days until I got my comply. but they we're a bit too big for my ears. I'm the type of guy that small uses the smallest eartips I can find. T2 come with sets of normal rubber eartips if you want.

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

I used them for a couple of days until I got my comply. but they we're a bit too big for my ears. I'm the type of guy that small uses the smallest eartips I can find. T2 come with sets of normal rubber eartips if you want.

same here, my ear openings are miniscule to the point of impracticality, are there different sizes of foamies? and aren't they supposed to be rolled up before insertion or something?

3 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

I appry zeos for that. Im a big fan of good build and comfort. I find his preferences on sound kinda inconsistent so I just take his general Impressions rather than opinion and try to make opinions of things for myself.

2 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

same here, my ear openings are miniscule to the point of impracticality, are there different sizes of foamies? and aren't they supposed to be rolled up before insertion or something?

No theyre aren't different sizes for the t2s.  But the t2 have better foam than the t3. The t3 foams would have been fine if they are like the t2's where they expanded slowly bit they expanded I stantly and it made it hard to properly Insert. Like I said before consider the comply if you like the foam tips in the first place.

No theyre aren't different sizes for the t2s.  But the t2 have better foam than the t3. The t3 foams would have been fine if they are like the t2's where they expanded slowly bit they expanded I stantly and it made it hard to properly Insert. Like I said before consider the comply if you like the foam tips in the first place.

thanks, i'll trial the t2s and test their longevity and in turn get a set of comlpys and out of curiousity, which ones did you get? their online compatibility matcher doesn't recognise any brands that TIN go under

11 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

thanks, i'll trial the t2s and test their longevity and in turn get a set of comlpys and out of curiousity, which ones did you get? their online compatibility matcher doesn't recognise any brands that TIN go under

get anything that is under T-400 it's the perfect size. grab comfort and isolation based on what you prefer. comfort is really good for comfort and taming highs if you find them too sharp.