Message for Linus

6 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Linus never has said this is a PG channel, the same way you wouldn't show your kid deadpool becasue its a superhero movie, so why now? his content are censored anyway, if you think your kid already knows all the bad words becasue they can guess what the muted words are, at that point, what's the point of censoring ?

Shit, my wife yelled "PUT YOUR FUCKING SHOES ON RIGHT NOW!!!" at our 8-year-old this morning.

If a word's in the dictionary it's a word just like everything else.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fuck

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fuck

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fuck

3 hours ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

They're not my children.  Just children.

@LinusTech

Image result for think of the children gif

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

6 hours ago, Geography said:

What does one's age need to be in order to be considered a kid? Plenty of adults ask questions about building and troubleshooting their computers on this forum, but that doesn't mean they're kids.

I would say when you're under 16 (the US says it's when you're under 18). I say that because the brain is more developed and they're capable of knowing to take a step back when they need to. Little kids don't, they'll just continue to get frustrated and whine until the problem is solved for them.

Adults ask for help because they know that they have the ability to work through the process of troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining their computer. You have to have some level competence to be able to work through more complex situations, much like computers and tech in general tend to be.

8 hours ago, BuckGup said:

No he needs to do the opposite. Censoring bad words, within reason, is a dumb practice. You never used to have to on Youtube but now with the ad friendly content you have to or you don't get paid. This is a form of censorship

I wouldn't say that its really a form of censorship, OP doesn't exactly clarify if these are his kids or not, so in the case that they aren't his kids then it would be understandable that he wouldn't want them to be "learning new words" when he shows them his videos.