I seriously need help here with my PC

Go to solution Solved by skunkmunkey,

I've had a couple of x370 boards do this and in the end both got RMA'd and sent back. Similar thing where it would light up for a couple of seconds and then do nothing, no post or anything.

Have you got any spare parts you can use to rule out any of your parts?

I built an all new parts Ryzen PC a few weeks ago it's my very first PC build, Finally installed windows 10 everything was working so good for a short time, Until I was frequently getting BSOD's with Clock Watch Dog Time Out error code, along with random freezing, rebooting & crashing, I couldn't use it for anything, I tried a complete reset to see if that would fix it because I didn't now what else to do at the time but it kept rebooting durning the reset every time, Now it won't even't boot at all or POST, When I power it on the LED for the CPU lights up for a couple of seconds but then goes off & nothing happens, no video on the monitor, the fans are spinning that's it, This is extremely annoying & getting on my nerves more & more every day, If anyone knows what's causing this & knows how to fix it please let me know, I really appreciate any & all help you can offer.

My Specs

Motherboard: MSI B450m Pro M2

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g

RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V series 8gb 2400mhz (1x8)

WD Green SSD M.2: 120gb

PSU: Thermaltake TR2S 450w

Try clearing cmos and make sure everything is plugged in correctly.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

I have already done that multiple times, Still didn't work?

9 minutes ago, GogetaBlue said:

I have already done that multiple times, Still didn't work?

Might sound stupid but is your date and time in windows and in BIOS is correct ? I had my relatives computer with Clock Watch Dog Time Out error code, and the time and date was somehow  set in 2002 or something like that, I set the right date and the issue went away. Although, I think you have some other issues with you setup, but this might solve some of them. Emphasis on might.

Well my date & time auto changes to my time zone when connected to the internet although not all the time, I did have to change it myself in windows this time, so I seriously doubt that's the problem, either way, I need to get my PC to post some how & load back into windows or the bios at least, that's what I need help with right now the time out error can be looked at later

3 minutes ago, GogetaBlue said:

Well my date & time auto changes to my time zone when connected to the internet although not all the time, I did have to change it myself in windows this time, so I seriously doubt that's the problem, either way, I need to get my PC to post some how & load back into windows or the bios at least, that's what I need help with right now the time out error can be looked at later

again, windows not the case here

is the time set in the bios good?

btw, quoting will be appreciated

I can't get into the bios, it isn't putting a signal through the monitor, Sorry I'm still learing how to use this forum properly I'll use the quote button when replying

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

again, windows not the case here

is the time set in the bios good?

btw, quoting will be appreciated

Can't get into the bios, no signal out put on the monitor

39 minutes ago, GogetaBlue said:

I built an all new parts Ryzen PC a few weeks ago it's my very first PC build, Finally installed windows 10 everything was working so good for a short time, Until I was frequently getting BSOD's with Clock Watch Dog Time Out error code, along with random freezing, rebooting & crashing, I couldn't use it for anything, I tried a complete reset to see if that would fix it because I didn't now what else to do at the time but it kept rebooting durning the reset every time, Now it won't even't boot at all or POST, When I power it on the LED for the CPU lights up for a couple of seconds but then goes off & nothing happens, no video on the monitor, the fans are spinning that's it, This is extremely annoying & getting on my nerves more & more every day, If anyone knows what's causing this & knows how to fix it please let me know, I really appreciate any & all help you can offer.

My Specs

Motherboard: MSI B450m Pro M2

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g

RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws Veries 8gb 2400mhz (1x8)

WD Green SSD M.2: 120gb

PSU: Thermaltake TR2S 450w

if i was in your shoes i would

reset the cpu

clear cmos

reset the mobo power cable+cpu power cable

my current home setup:cpu:amd ryzen 2700 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo:gigabyte ab350-gaming 3 // ram:crosair vengance 8*4 // gpu:amd rx 5700 //

tower:antec p8 // psu:antec HCG 650w.

my current work setup: cpu:intel xeon x5675 // cpu cooler :generic 6 copper pipe // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram: 32GB ecc // gpu:amd r7 260x //                    

psu:antec 550w.

my current home server setup:cpu:intel xeon x5690 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram:crucial 8*2 // gpu:amd rx 580 //

tower:antec p110 silent // psu:antec HCG 850w.

2 minutes ago, aBattleBorn said:

if i was in your shoes i would

reset the cpu

clear cmos

reset the mobo power cable+cpu power cable

OK I'll try it in that order but I doubt it'll do anything

Just now, GogetaBlue said:

OK I'll try it in that order but I doubt it'll do anything

nothing to lose

update if it worked or not

my current home setup:cpu:amd ryzen 2700 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo:gigabyte ab350-gaming 3 // ram:crosair vengance 8*4 // gpu:amd rx 5700 //

tower:antec p8 // psu:antec HCG 650w.

my current work setup: cpu:intel xeon x5675 // cpu cooler :generic 6 copper pipe // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram: 32GB ecc // gpu:amd r7 260x //                    

psu:antec 550w.

my current home server setup:cpu:intel xeon x5690 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram:crucial 8*2 // gpu:amd rx 580 //

tower:antec p110 silent // psu:antec HCG 850w.

4 minutes ago, aBattleBorn said:

nothing to lose

Will do

I've had a couple of x370 boards do this and in the end both got RMA'd and sent back. Similar thing where it would light up for a couple of seconds and then do nothing, no post or anything.

Gaming Rig: Intel i5 8600k @ 5Ghz (-1 AVX) 1.325v - MSI Z370 Gaming M5 mobo - MSI GTX1070 Gaming 8GB - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2600MHz 4x8GB - CM ML240L RGB 240mm AIO - 240GB NVME, 480GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 1TB HDD - Corsair RM750x PSU - Silverstone PM02

Media Server: Intel G4400 - MSI Z270 Gaming Plus - 4GB RAM - 600GB WD Raptor - 10TB RAID5 - CM HAF932

Surface Pro 4: Intel i7 6650U - 8GB RAM - 256GB SSD

Dell Latitude E6530: Intel i7 3520M - 8GB DDR3 - Nvidia NVS 5200M 1GB - 300GB HDD

NAS: Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ v2 4TB 

1 minute ago, skunkmunkey said:

No I don't have any spare parts to test with at all neither does my local computer repair & parts store, It's either the CPU or motherboard, he did test the RAM & PSU & said they are both fine

20 minutes ago, aBattleBorn said:

nothing to lose

OK I tried & still the same thing happened

8 minutes ago, skunkmunkey said:

So if you've had the exact same problem as me, does that mean it's my motherboard? I hope it is the mobo becuse the CPU is the most expensive part af my PC

I definitely had a similar problem, there's far too many variables to say for sure but it does sound similar. If it's all new parts then it doesn't matter which one it is as they'll both be under warranty. 

Thiunk your best bet will be to contact MSI about replacing the mobo, depending on their policy it'll either be a direct return to them or return it to where you bought it from for them to replace.

Gaming Rig: Intel i5 8600k @ 5Ghz (-1 AVX) 1.325v - MSI Z370 Gaming M5 mobo - MSI GTX1070 Gaming 8GB - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2600MHz 4x8GB - CM ML240L RGB 240mm AIO - 240GB NVME, 480GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 1TB HDD - Corsair RM750x PSU - Silverstone PM02

Media Server: Intel G4400 - MSI Z270 Gaming Plus - 4GB RAM - 600GB WD Raptor - 10TB RAID5 - CM HAF932

Dell Latitude E6530: Intel i7 3520M - 8GB DDR3 - Nvidia NVS 5200M 1GB - 300GB HDD

2 minutes ago, skunkmunkey said:

I definitely had a similar problem, there's far too many variables to say for sure but it does sound similar. If it's all new parts then it doesn't matter which one it is as they'll both be under warranty. 

Thiunk your best bet will be to contact MSI about replacing the mobo, depending on their policy it'll either be a direct return to them or return it to where you bought it from for them to replace.

I think It'll have to be a direct return to MSI because i bought the mobo from NewEgg as well as the RAM & SSD non of them are eligible for return because of their return policy after a number of days after the purchase date, Or I could try getting an ASUS B450 mobo that might be better quality or something like that, but I'm still thinking about it because I really don't wanna risk wasting money like that but it's a last resort too

I presume their return policy only applies to hardware you want to return unused, it's probably different for faulty hardware but contact MSI first and they';; tell you what to do.

I wouldn't worry about getting a different manufacturer just yet, go down the RMA route and see what happens.

12 minutes ago, skunkmunkey said:

I presume their return policy only applies to hardware you want to return unused, it's probably different for faulty hardware but contact MSI first and they';; tell you what to do.

I wouldn't worry about getting a different manufacturer just yet, go down the RMA route and see what happens.

OK I'll try getting the mobo RMA'd, Honestly I've been without a PC for almost an entire year now & I'm losing my patience with this, I really hate using the Edge browser on the XBOX ONE S I use for almost everything including this, it's complete garbage the edge broswer

38 minutes ago, skunkmunkey said:

I just remembered that the mobo isn't from new egg it's from an australian retailer, I'm Australian & I'm currently living there now, It was the CPU that I got with the RAM & SSD from NewEgg

It shouldn't matter where you got it from as long as it's still in the warranty period you should be fine. Who you return it to may vary but they'll cover it some way or another