Phantkes P400s

So my birthday is coming up next week and my mother said she will buy me anything for ZAR2000 (150usd +-)

I was thinking of getting a AIO cooler maybe a 240mm or a 360mm 

I saw on the website of my case that I can remove a part of the case to fit a radiator of 360mm 

image.png.2a8e84cadd2e9f423ab127e4c9748f8e.png

I came across a AIO cooler from fractal design, I watched some reviews and it seems to be "ok" 

https://www.wootware.co.za/fractal-design-fd-wcu-celsius-s36-bk-celsius-s36-360mm-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

It would be overkill for my current Ryzen 7 1700x but I am going to upgrade my CPU to one of the new ZEN 2 when it comes out such as the Ryzen 7 3700 X 12 / 24-4.2 / 5.0GHz 105W

I also took a look at other AIO coolers but they are pretty expensive

https://www.wootware.co.za/corsair-cw-9060031-hydro-series-h150i-pro-rgb-360mm-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

In conclusion :

Will this cooler work in my case? 

Will this cooler be fine for my current and later upgraded CPU?

Is there other AIO coolers I should be looking at instead? 

(just note I live in south africa so availability and pricing is different) 

8 minutes ago, Izak_lotter said:

If looks like you'd have to pull out the entire shroud in that case.

But really I'd highly suggest a large air cooler if your case isn't small since it can never fail.

Anything dual tower with 120mm fans would be fine.

and that case has like no airflow in general looks like so I wouldn't really recommend it.

Would suggest anything that has a mesh front.

not sure what makes the S different, but thermals should be similar.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

On 3/6/2019 at 1:37 AM, Streetguru said:

not sure what makes the S different, but thermals should be similar.

The S verison is for Silent (has sound dampening foam) Similar to how the Corsair 400Q was for "Quiet" (also sound dampening foam)

On 3/6/2019 at 1:27 AM, Izak_lotter said:

In conclusion :

Will this cooler work in my case? 

Will this cooler be fine for my current and later upgraded CPU?

Is there other AIO coolers I should be looking at instead? 

(just note I live in south africa so availability and pricing is different) 

• Physically yes, it will fit in your case, however the middle fan in a 360mm configuration will get no air to it since the top fan and the bottom fan use all the air provided by the vents. 
  • The Cooler, given enough airflow should perform similarly to most of the other 360mm AIO's on the market. It has the same pump design, just a different appearance and fans. 
  • You could look at 280mm AIO's. They perform slightly less than a 360 does, but in reality the 360mm AIO's only have about 15% more surface area than the 280mm rads (so theoretically performance would be about 15% better) This would also allow the bottom fan to get air from the bottom of the case and the top fan gets air from the top vent. Meaning you dont have a third fan in the middle with no access to air. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25