5.25in Bay HDD Dock... Where do I buy these?

iamdarkyoshi

We've got these handy little things at work for quickly adding or removing a hard drive from a PC. They just fit into a standard 5.25in optical drive bay. However, I need more, and can't find the magic words that find them on the internet. They look like this:

IMG_20190305_183326.thumb.jpg.e22b089baf4429c74eaaa02a05e82085.jpg

They're an incredibly simple device, just a sata passthrough on the end of a plastic box with a plastic divider door for 3.5in or 2.5in HDDs. Yet I can't seem to find them anywhere!

I don't want a server style hot swap bay with a caddy, I just want to be able to throw a laptop or desktop drive in and roll with it. Any ideas where I can buy one of these cheaply?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Those all have a front latch on them for locking the drive in place, as well as support for only one size of drive. I'm looking for one I can just shove any size drive into.

Here's all these have in them:

IMG_20190305_185117.thumb.jpg.10bcc2a6599d7e6e76f479d660bdeef5.jpg

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

Those all have a front latch on them for locking the drive in place, as well as support for only one size of drive. I'm looking for one I can just shove any size drive into.

Here's all these have in them:

Theoretically, you might be able to just remove that latch and freely slide the drive in/out.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Maybe open the system up and remove one of these bays to find a model number for Googling?