Mantle In the Near/imminent future

Naruke Alpha

I think Mantle is just a gimmick. It won't have much real world impact on gaming performance or just processing power. Who would wanna give this out for free?

Mantle is no more a gimmick than DirectX. In fact every PC gamer should be behind a move to get away from mantle, who cares who made it. DirectX is an outdated peice of software that badly needs replacing. Anyone who says that its just a performance booster is thick in the head. It is a new way of doing things, which we need. Its not just PhysX or TressFX or even G-Sync. These things enhance the experience. Mantle makes the experience just as DirectX does. It is a replacement, not a supplement (though it is at this stage due to the continued prevelance of DirectX games).

What everyone needs to do, no matter what GPU you run, be it AMD GPU/APU, nVIDIA GPU or intel, is get behind this and force this to be developed and applied accross all platforms.

And if the gamer community screams loud enough then the companies will listen and give us what we want. A better gaming experience put on our screens by a modern API, not some relic of the 90's.

Mantle is no more a gimmick than DirectX. In fact every PC gamer should be behind a move to get away from mantle, who cares who made it. DirectX is an outdated peice of software that badly needs replacing. Anyone who says that its just a performance booster is thick in the head. It is a new way of doing things, which we need. Its not just PhysX or TressFX or even G-Sync. These things enhance the experience. Mantle makes the experience just as DirectX does. It is a replacement, not a supplement (though it is at this stage due to the continued prevelance of DirectX games).

What everyone needs to do, no matter what GPU you run, be it AMD GPU/APU, nVIDIA GPU or intel, is get behind this and force this to be developed and applied accross all platforms.

And if the gamer community screams loud enough then the companies will listen and give us what we want. A better gaming experience put on our screens by a modern API, not some relic of the 90's.

so... are you suggesting to reinvent geometry and how to project a space on a plane?

so... are you suggesting to reinvent geometry and how project a space on a plane?

No he's saying as gamers, we should stick together and push for a better world where DX is gone, and the (I cant stress this enough) OPEN platform API is used everywhere, and gets widespread, better for everyone.

Regardless of companies, regardless of whether its called mantle or not..., just the idea of a new system besides the ever so bloated directx.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

No he's saying as gamers, we should stick together and push for a better world where DX is gone, and the (I cant stress this enough) OPEN platform API is used everywhere, and gets widespread, better for everyone.

Regardless of companies, regardless of whether its called mantle or not..., just the idea of a new system besides the ever so bloated directx.

i didn't get the "90s relic" part

anyway i agree on that, but looking at openGL it looks like the big companies don't care about open platforms, it's going to be an utopia for some time

mantle is supposed to be cross-platform though

i didn't get the "90s relic" part

anyway i agree on that, but looking at openGL it looks like the big companies don't care about open platforms, it's going to be an utopia for some time

mantle is supposed to be cross-platform though

I was referring to the fact that DirectX has been used since the 90's.

I was referring to the fact that DirectX has been used since the 90's.

Back when created technologies WERE created technologies... the good old days...

Not just adapted technologies...thrown on top of each other,...then just double the numbers each generation,... which today can't really be bitched for... the pioneers of OLD GPU's were the real kingpins of creativity!

Maybe I'm just old, but I loved the GPU wars (when it wasnt just a tier'd stack) way more than the CPU wars.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I mean how many other tech's have we gone through? We get a new CPU socket for either side every 2 years tops, we get a new GPU generation just as frequently, we've gone through 16, 32 and now 64 bit computing etc. And DirectX has seen all of these. We've just been polishing it a bit. Adding a few new sparkles every year. I mean, I was using DirectX on my Windows 95. With a double digit cpu speed (A 90mhz for those interested (that was fast)). So why wouldnt we get behind moves to show it the door? Its like holding onto my 8800GT and expecting it to ace BF4 on max settings. There comes a time when things just need to be let go to allow the new in.

A cookie for you.

Back when created technologies WERE created technologies... the good old days...

Not just adapted technologies...thrown on top of each other,...then just double the numbers each generation,... which today can't really be bitched for... the pioneers of OLD GPU's were the real kingpins of creativity!

Maybe I'm just old, but I loved the GPU wars (when it wasnt just a tier'd stack) way more than the CPU wars.

A cookie, medal and add to my cool guys list.

I mean how many other tech's have we gone through? We get a new CPU socket for either side every 2 years tops, we get a new GPU generation just as frequently, we've gone through 16, 32 and now 64 bit computing etc. And DirectX has seen all of these. We've just been polishing it a bit. Adding a few new sparkles every year. I mean, I was using DirectX on my Windows 95. With a double digit cpu speed (A 90mhz for those interested (that was fast)). So why wouldnt we get behind moves to show it the door? Its like holding onto my 8800GT and expecting it to ace BF4 on max settings. There comes a time when things just need to be let go to allow the new in.

And you Good sir again, made a very valid point.

I am relatively new to tech, so from a new consumer stand point, beeing able to do more with less capable hardware, means better experience and more savings. 

Against All Odds pc build

AMD Athlon II x4 750k///MSI A55m E33///Kingston hyper x blue 8gb (2x4)///corsair cx430///EVGA GTX 750 SC///Rosewill FBM 01///Samsung EVO 850 120gb///Windows 8.1///Corsair Raptor k40