Bluetooth peripherals

Siddhant Mishra

Does Bluetooth peripherals cause any kind of lag ... or can somebody state me  reason  of people not recommending Bluetooth?

bluetooth microphones are pretty meh. there's a mainstream wireless headset that uses a dongle and also has a bluetooth feature, and I remember the mic sounding like ass.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

people buy wireless peripherals because they can't afford wires..

< ̄`ヽ、       /  ̄ >

ゝ、  \ /⌒ヽ,ノ   /´

ゝ、 ( ( ͡◉ ͜> ͡◉) /

>     ,ノ

sorry for my bat englandski

Lag is the lesser of the problems with wireless peripherals

You have to replace batteries weekly.

Too many devices can interfere with each other.

Signal cuts.

You're still using ports on your mobo I/O so it's not like you can actually free space there.

Higher physical failure rate, fixing or replacing wireless transmitters/receiver is harder and more expensive than replacing or resoldering just a cable.

Except for the batteries and I/O part the same applies to wireless internet

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

11 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Lag is the lesser of the problems with wireless peripherals

You have to replace batteries weekly.

Too many devices can interfere with each other.

Signal cuts.

You're still using ports on your mobo I/O so it's not like you can actually free space there.

Higher physical failure rate, fixing or replacing wireless transmitters/receiver is harder and more expensive than replacing or resoldering just a cable.

Except for the batteries and I/O part the same applies to wireless internet

The batteries in my Logitech wireless keyboard last a month or two between charges, but yes the input gets weird and laggy randomly for some reason which is frustrating, I'm only about 6ft away with line of sight to the dongle. Wires however don't work on a couch.

Bluetooth is really nice if you are low on USB ports. I use bluetooth for almost all peripheral connectivity on my Surface Pro because it only has one port.

However, as many have said, Bluetooth connectivity (due to power and bandwidth limitations) may result in poor audio quality and/or signal drops. Also, in my experience, Windows 10 is still on the "wait, Bluetooth is a thing?" perspective.

And finally, with ANY wireless peripheral, you will need to charge it more often (how much depends on how good the battery is).

So, if you are mobile, need the free ports, and don't need microsecond levels of perfection, Bluetooth should be just fine for audio, mouse, and keyboard. However, if you have some free USB slots and still hate wires, getting peripherals (especially the headset) will result in a much more stable experience. As for price, anything wireless tends to be a tiny bit more, but the difference is rarely significant.

In my personal use-case, Bluetooth-everything is how I work (and lightly game) when on the go, and at home, i've got a wired keyboard (because it stays on my desk), a wired mouse (because I couldn't find a wireless one with the form factor i wanted), and a wireless headset, with it's own dedicated USB receiver.