questions about twitch.tv

because of this youtube madness, i’m planning on switching to twitch, but i have questions

is a 720p facecam good? considering it’s small and in the corner

how hard is it to get viewers?

what internet do i need for 720p streams?

am i allowed to listen to music? (mostly ffdp and such)

how do i end a stream? do i just end it like a youtube video? i’ll feel bad if i just boot people off the stream after saying thanks for watching and such

ill have more questions later, but that’s it for now

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

for the webcam, it'll probably be fine but there are lots of different 720p webcams that look like ass and look great, so it really depends on how good your webcam is.

for viewers, I'd say very hard.

for internet, just make sure it's stable and not terribly slow

you can listen to music that's copy written but it'll probably get muted in the stream VOD

It depends on how you end the stream. With shadowplay, there was an icon where you click and it would end the stream.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

6 minutes ago, mxk. said:

for the webcam, it'll probably be fine but there are lots of different 720p webcams that look like ass and look great, so it really depends on how good your webcam is.

i’ll probably be using my phone, it has a 1080p camera i think. that or a ps4 eye

for viewers, I'd say very hard.

oh that sucks

for internet, just make sure it's stable and not terribly slow

for internet connection, my ps4 says 58.1/6.5mbps, hows that?

14 minutes ago, mxk. said:

you can listen to music that's copy written but it'll probably get muted in the stream VOD

will it show up from ps4 spotify? i know that it doesn’t when i’m recording. i guess i will set up a private stream and test it soon

14 minutes ago, mxk. said:

It depends on how you end the stream. With shadowplay, there was an icon where you click and it would end the stream.

i don’t mean how to stop it, i mean how to do an outro. do i just say “thanks for watching” then turn off the game, and talk to the chat for about 10 minutes and then say “imma end the stream here, thanks for watching. i hope everyone has a wonderful day. make sure you hit that follow button and turn on notifications so we can hang out next time i stream” or something like that? i know how to end a stream, i’ve done it before. but the ones i end i just use the generic “bye thanks for watching” then i close it

4 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i’ll probably be using my phone, it has a 1080p camera i think. that or a ps4 eye

oh that sucks

for internet connection, my ps4 says 58.1/6.5mbps, hows that?

will it show up from ps4 spotify? i know that it doesn’t when i’m recording. i guess i will set up a private stream and test it soon

i don’t mean how to stop it, i mean how to do an outro. do i just say “thanks for watching” then turn off the game, and talk to the chat for about 10 minutes and then say “imma end the stream here, thanks for watching. i hope everyone has a wonderful day. make sure you hit that follow button and turn on notifications so we can hang out next time i stream” or something like that? i know how to end a stream, i’ve done it before. but the ones i end i just use the generic “bye thanks for watching” then i close it

can you use your phone as the camera and have it display your face live?

Yeah thats the reality. Lots of people want to stream so it's competitive.

Your internet should be fine.

The music might show up, I'm not sure how it works on ps4 so definitely try it out.

It really depends on how you want to end the stream. If you want to end and say "hey, I think I'm going to end right here, go ahead and follow/subscribe if you liked the stream, later" or something along those lines, go ahead. 

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

39 minutes ago, mxk. said:

can you use your phone as the camera and have it display your face live?

i think so, if i stream on pc yeah. but streaming on console i need the eye

(i wanna stream more on pc anyways)

Yeah thats the reality. Lots of people want to stream so it's competitive.

especially with youtube being stupid rn

Your internet should be fine.

okay that’s good. i plan on being wired when streaming (that was wireless)

40 minutes ago, mxk. said:

The music might show up, I'm not sure how it works on ps4 so definitely try it out.

on ps4 there’s an option to stop it from popping up what song is playing, so i’ll have to enable that

3 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

on ps4 there’s an option to stop it from popping up what song is playing, so i’ll have to enable that

I meant playing the song in the background. If the music is playing at all on stream they'll mute the stream to stop the copy written stuff.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 hour ago, mxk. said:

I meant playing the song in the background. If the music is playing at all on stream they'll mute the stream to stop the copy written stuff.

oh well i guess i won’t be listening to music then lol

1. Any decent quality camera should work as a facecam. Resolution means nothing if the quality of the image is poor.

2. Very hard. And I truly mean that.

3. If you're doing 30fps, you can probably get away with 4mbps upload, but if you want to do 720p60 and have a buffer for other people, then I'd try for a constant 10mbps up.

4. If it's copyrighted it'll most likely get muted.

5. That's all on you. I don't stream much but whenever I do, I just abruptly end the stream.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

15 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

how hard is it to get viewers?

I'll take that you haven't ever streamed. It will take a while to get things going. If you already have Youtube following, then its easier to get things started. Your personality and style is far more important than quality. When I used to wonder around Twitch, I was more likely to stay with streamer who talked to audience than one who just clicked around with music playing.

what internet do i need for 720p streams?

720p30 = max 3000kbps bitrate = 10mbps upload. Yours being 6mbps means that you need to tweak bitrate. 1800kbps is minimum I would watch, and only required about 5mbps upload. These are estimates based on Youtubes and Twitches guides.

am i allowed to listen to music? (mostly ffdp and such)

Yes. VODs get muted. Have it quiet on background. As I said, people come to watch you more than game you play. Unless its some niche game with few streamers.

how do i end a stream? do i just end it like a youtube video? i’ll feel bad if i just boot people off the stream after saying thanks for watching and such

Depends what you use to stream with. On OBS etc. you can have video clips to play outro with. I think you can also setup outro timer where it plays static image which cuts into static offline image. Or something.

Are you going to use PS4 built-in thingy or capture card and PC setup? Majority of people here ask when they have PC setup, so it would be important to know if yours is different.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv