Amd motherboard ddr3

Hello i need help choosing NEW AMD motherboard that uses ddr3. My 5th gen i5 motherboard died and i want to try NEW ryzen 5 cpu but dont want to toss out 16g gskill ddr3 memmory. I simply dont know wich one to buy. Tried browsing newegg but i dont understand the lingo as in 5 different versions of the same motherboard. Have full tower case, other then wifi as a must iam not picky just pinching pennies so i can give evil landlord my cash. Plus rocking gtx 960 hoping to upgrade to 970 someday. If it helps Game i was playing is forza 4. Others i dont much gw2, eq2, ddo,. Mostly online, if bill gets paid.  A skew# of your choosing is all i wish for. Then i shall try to build it myself with youtube and beer. Thanks.  iam big fan of the channel, i obviously  dont learn anything but do enjoy the show . Off to work will check for any  replys asap

5 minutes ago, Graxix said:

dont want to toss out 16g gskill ddr3 memmory.

Well don't toss it out, sell it online.

The thing about Ryzen is that it's pretty ram sensitive, a Ryzen 5 would basically be crippled by DDR3.

You could go for something like this:

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

52 minutes ago, Graxix said:

Hello i need help choosing NEW AMD motherboard that uses ddr3. My 5th gen i5 motherboard died and i want to try NEW ryzen 5 cpu but dont want to toss out 16g gskill ddr3 memmory. I simply dont know wich one to buy. Tried browsing newegg but i dont understand the lingo as in 5 different versions of the same motherboard. Have full tower case, other then wifi as a must iam not picky just pinching pennies so i can give evil landlord my cash. Plus rocking gtx 960 hoping to upgrade to 970 someday. If it helps Game i was playing is forza 4. Others i dont much gw2, eq2, ddo,. Mostly online, if bill gets paid.  A skew# of your choosing is all i wish for. Then i shall try to build it myself with youtube and beer. Thanks.  iam big fan of the channel, i obviously  dont learn anything but do enjoy the show . Off to work will check for any  replys asap

Only AMD systems that support DDR3 are AM3/AM3+.  So Phenom II or FX.  You are better off getting a used Intel system to use that DDR3 (in which case you are limited to the performance of the modern R5 1500x) or selling it.

Understood  thanks all!!

Sry late reply uncle drags me out of town for work. N idaho still stoneage for cell towers.

Thanks for parts picker info.  Bought me a walmartmonycard Made the order last night . should be here mon,tue , looking forward to new build:) & forza4?

Ps ill start new topic for a monitor, i get amazon giftcards on bday xmas. Have 200 $ saved for xbox one x. Pretty sure i killed pc takeing it with me on out of town jobs