[WAN TOPIC] Who needs WIFI security and password!

ayandon

Kid invented new WIFI Security trick, in place of complex password, to secure his open WIFI with Internet connection!

Just name the connection - "Join Hizbul Mujahideen" or "Join ISIS"

Source: https://m.timesofindia.com/city/delhi/how-a-wi-fi-username-terrorised-a-locality/amp_articleshow/68193111.cms

PC enthusiast since MS DOS 5!

That's one way to get it done I suppose.

Unless the person who wants to hack you turns out to be a supporter. Or is a teenager who gives literally 0 f's and all they want to do is check their twitter. 

This is as old as can be. It's in the same vein as calling it "FBI Van 123" or similar. It's not going to stop anybody from doing anything and, in this case, will make you more of a target.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

That's not gonna stop someone from connecting and doing malicious things.

If I wanted to take part in some malicious activity online, open networks as a whole provide more of a target since they're unsecured.

Now personally, I tend to use a VPN or cellular data connection depending on the need and situation. I tend to use data if I'm in a hotel, I'll use a VPN if I'm just in like a McDonald's or something for a bit and need a connection but don't want to use data.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!