Is anyone here like me?

Galion

After done with everything in the schedule of the day, you go to second hand pc shops to see if there are worthy old parts to pick up to try out? I usually put aside $300 every month to pick up old parts. Like the 4790k for $55.00 and reference 780ti 3gb ddr5 for $145.00. 

After getting it home, I take it apart and clean and replace the thermal paste and run some older games like Battlefield 3 and COD 4 : Modern Warfare,  sometimes I find dead motherboards I use it to learn to fix. If I get I get lucky sometimes it's a dead cmos battery. 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

1 minute ago, Galion said:

you go to second hand pc shops

I would, but we ain't got no such a thing here. Old PC-hardware either gets sold on the Internet or recycled.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 minutes ago, Galion said:

780ti 3gb ddr5 for $145.00. 

Really? That much for a 780ti? I guess its reference, but you can get a 290x for 80-90$ these days. Or a 970 around a 100$.

I mean used parts fluctuate in price, but still. 

2 hours ago, WereCatf said:

I would, but we ain't got no such a thing here. Old PC-hardware either gets sold on the Internet or recycled.

I have a second hand pc shop and a thrift store. 

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Really? That much for a 780ti? I guess its reference, but you can get a 290x for 80-90$ these days. Or a 970 around a 100$.

I mean used parts fluctuate in price, but still. 

Reference cards are harder to come by so I can understand the hike in price. 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

1 minute ago, Galion said:

I have a second hand pc shop and a thrift store. 

Uh, yes, I understood that when you said you visit such shops..

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, PacketMan said:

fuckin lucky man, here in Spain you can get one (luckily) for about 120 euros at best

Yeah I think it's nice to get "older" hardware that can run new games just fine, the 4790K is like 5 years old and still as powerful as the i7 7700K

Yeah but compared to the R5 2400G.... 

Best Value Build List

I could only just about afford my current Pc, can imagine buying more components.

As soon as a component (bar drives) is out my system I sell it on eBay.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz