What is a good Tablet/PC in 2018/19?

Salicyl

Hey there, 

My girlfriend is looking for a new Tablet/Laptop (even though she says she doesnt want a Laptop) now I know more about general PC's than I know about the current Laptop/Tablet market, so I wanted to ask here what you guys currently recommend.

She would like:

Detatchable screen with touch (obviously) and a pen if possible

fairly bright display (since she likes to use it outside)

and long power duration (~10hrs of use after charge)

Now the specs themselves arent as important as all she uses it for is mainly writing stories and browsing the web a little bit, maybe some video streaming and schoolwork.

Her current system has an entirety of 2GB of RAM of which Kaspersky alone (already scolded her for it, dont worry) takes up 50-60% soo yea. its a windows surface-3...

Would love any recommendations (but please nothing tooo expensive thanks to student life)

Surface pro is a good option if that is in budget.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

I have an HP Envy x360 with a Ryzen 5 CPU that I absolutely love. I use it mostly for school, upgraded my RAM from 8 to 16 GB so I can run VMs on it. It doesn't have a detachable screen, but rather it folds around so the keyboard ends up under the screen and I honestly prefer that design to the detachable ones. There's a bunch of different models of the Envy x360 at different price points, so I'd say its worth a look if not having a detachable screen isn't a deal-breaker.

Surface Pro 6 is a nice pickup, but note it is on the more expensive side, and you need to buy pen and keyboard seperatly.