Corsair Stuff

Mdgtman91

Anyone else here just love Corsair products?

My rig has become a box of Corsair lol

They do overall make/sell good quality products and they have such a range of products, that, ya, that happens a lot. :) Now, just need a Corsair CPU/Mobo/GPU and the takeover is complete...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

if there is an option for corsair i will take it

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram

lol what ever i cant get as Corsair I go with Asus

They make good quality stuff but their brand is boring, so I prefer to buy more abstract cooler looking components :) it's fun to fix computers so I don't mind tinkering with it to get it to work.

I'll use corsair in other peoples builds to save them the hassle

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I love Corsair, have a 650D chassis, 4 sticks of Dom Plat 2133mhz, H100, HX1050, HX620, 2x 120GB Force GT SSD's and a 120GB Force 3 SSD. But they are in 3 separate rigs.....considering a H60 for my 2nd rig...

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R7 5700X3D (8C/16T) + TR Phantom Spirit 120 EVO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Logitech G915 + G303 Shroud Ed + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Logitech G613 + G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I love Corsair, have a 650D chassis, 4 sticks of Dom Plat 2133mhz, H100, HX1050, HX620, 2x 120GB Force GT SSD's and a 120GB Force 3 SSD. But they are in 3 separate rigs.....considering a H60 for my 2nd rig...
I don't see the point of buying an h60 for $50-$60 when you can buy a cooler master evo for $30 and get the same if not better temps.

or go for a phanteks unit for better looks and performance.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I have allot of Corsair. K60, M60, H100i, AX750, 600t, SP120 x2, I also have Corsair RAM in my laptop, and a Corsair Survivor Stealth 32GB. May get a Neutron SSD, but Samsung and Plextor are looking good right now too.

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

What mvitkun said. A good tower air cooler will blow the h60 out of the park any day.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yep, Corsair all over.

Corsair Vengeance C70 - Cases may be smaller and cost more. BUT IT'S METAL AND MATT PAINT, NOT GLOSSY :D

Corsair Vengeance RAM

Corsair Vengeance 1300 Analog Headset

Corsair Vengeance K60

Corsair Vengeance M60

Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU

Corsair Air Series SP 120MM Fans

Corsair Vengeance MM200 Wide Gaming Mouse mat

Upcoming H100i along with AX760 Platinum

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

I think single-brand tunnel vision is uninformed and shortsighted. Corsair makes really crappy fans, for example. They're loud and poor at moving air and not particularly cheap. Their cases are the Toyota Prius of gaming cases as it's what 85% of 12-17 year olds will use. Their power supplies are also very cost effective, even if they aren't super awesome in anything but looks. (But usually fairly good) They have some hard to avoid products though, notably RAM. They're often very cheap. Though their entirely unnecessary RAM "heatsinks" are quite obnoxious, especially now that Mini-ITX are taking over in the enthusiast segment and low-profile is becoming the alpha and omega.

They do have a strong identity in their branding, and like many other widely diversified companies, their products range from utter crap to super awesome. Thus, buying nothing but corsair will net you with a poorer computer and that is a fact.

Though, I probably shouldn't throw rocks in glass houses, as I have a crush on BitFenix and buy everything by BitFenix whenever I can. However, in contrast to Corsair, BitFenix's non-core products are all godly. (Core being cases, which IMO are also top-tier) Like their Spectre fans, the only fans on the market I know of that has fairly high CFM while also having pretty good air pressure, making them the go-to fans for intakes that have to pull through 1-3 mesh layers.

But yeah, I didn't type all this out just to rag on corsair (even if it looks like it) but I'm just saying it can be dangerous to get this kind of tunnel vision. I mean, right now I would buy nothing but Samsung SSDs, but if they suddenly turn crap at making them I would look elsewhere. Keep your eyes open, is all.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have always liked Corsair's products but for some odd reason have never clicked buy for any of it :?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Well, the thing is, the H60 would cost less than some higher end air coolers, like Noctua NH-C12P which is a few dollars more than the H60.....plus there's still the issue of access to my RAM. BTW, the RAM I have is G Skill RipJawsX 2133mhz, which is great for the FX8350. Still, I have spare RAM....like OCZ Reaper, RipJawsZ, MX ArmorX 2300 RAM which I could not use on the board due to their heatsinks.

BTW, forgot to mention that in addition to the Corsair parts listed above, I'd neglected to mention that I have Corsair SP Performance fans used in all three of my rigs.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R7 5700X3D (8C/16T) + TR Phantom Spirit 120 EVO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Logitech G915 + G303 Shroud Ed + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Logitech G613 + G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I think single-brand tunnel vision is uninformed and shortsighted. Corsair makes really crappy fans, for example. They're loud and poor at moving air and not particularly cheap. Their cases are the Toyota Prius of gaming cases as it's what 85% of 12-17 year olds will use. Their power supplies are also very cost effective, even if they aren't super awesome in anything but looks. (But usually fairly good) They have some hard to avoid products though, notably RAM. They're often very cheap. Though their entirely unnecessary RAM "heatsinks" are quite obnoxious, especially now that Mini-ITX are taking over in the enthusiast segment and low-profile is becoming the alpha and omega.

They do have a strong identity in their branding, and like many other widely diversified companies, their products range from utter crap to super awesome. Thus, buying nothing but corsair will net you with a poorer computer and that is a fact.

Though, I probably shouldn't throw rocks in glass houses, as I have a crush on BitFenix and buy everything by BitFenix whenever I can. However, in contrast to Corsair, BitFenix's non-core products are all godly. (Core being cases, which IMO are also top-tier) Like their Spectre fans, the only fans on the market I know of that has fairly high CFM while also having pretty good air pressure, making them the go-to fans for intakes that have to pull through 1-3 mesh layers.

But yeah, I didn't type all this out just to rag on corsair (even if it looks like it) but I'm just saying it can be dangerous to get this kind of tunnel vision. I mean, right now I would buy nothing but Samsung SSDs, but if they suddenly turn crap at making them I would look elsewhere. Keep your eyes open, is all.

Is this based on your opinion, or is there are there professionally done tests to show that Corsair fans are 'really crappy'? I'm asking as I'd like to know one way or another.....I have a 650D, and the fans that comes with it are pretty quiet. I've replaced the stock rear exhaust fan with a Silverstone red LED fan, and even then, it's barely louder than the fans on the GTX670's which can be quite soft at idle.

Though large air coolers are often finicky to install and theres compatibility issues with ram

I think a few of your points are stretching it though

Cases - People like the look of their cases and buy them, and there are a lot more flashy and worse looking cases available

PSU - Their models are reliable and perform well, of course there are other alternatives, but they're on par or the difference is negligible

Ram - They have their LP Vengenance models if you didnt want the heatsinks or you could simply remove them, and all other companies have high and low profile heatsinks so not sure what the argument here is

I agree that the Corsair AF and SP fans aren't the best noise/performance/price fans available and a lot of people are buying them for the looks/brand, but still you could do worse

So apart from the fans I dont see how filling your computer with Corsair parts will make it that much worse than having parts

I feel like corsair products are the fail-safe route. I would definitely recommend their products to anyone first stepping into the world of PC building. But as for someone who likes to be unique such as myself, I normally seek out less popular-yet-strong competitor products. I use a LianLi K62 for my case, a brown cherry switch ducky keyboard, cm storm xornet mouse and sennheisers 380 PRO.

What about cpu

CPU: Intel i7-3930k @4.2GHz,  Motherboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100, Case: Corsair 600t, RAM: 8x4GB Corsair Vengance Black 1600mhz CL9, GPU: Gigabyte 6870OC ,PSU: Corsair AX1200 ,Boot Drive: Sandisk Extream 240GB ,Game Drive: OCZ Agility 3 120GB ,Storage Drive - 1: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ,Storage Drive - 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB ,Ram Cooler: 2x Kingston HyperX Memory Cooler (Blue)

Corsair makes quality products for the dollar most of the time. Clearly their power supplies and cases may not be able to touch silverstone, but they cost FAR less. I think they offer pretty good price/performance products.

Summer build: I7-4770K @ 4.5GHz, 4x4GB (Alternative black/red) DDR3 1600MHz, HD 7970GHz Water blocked, XSPC res/pump combo, 2 dual 120MM radiators, Corsair 350D Case, Corsair AX860I 80+ Gold PSU, custom red individually sleeved cables, red tubing w/ silver/chrome compression fittings, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD, ASrock Z87 MATX professional board, and a Corsair Vengeance K60 keyboard.

The "argument" about the RAM heatsinks is that it's impossiblie to find low profile RAM over 2133mhz. They don't NEED heatsinks. However, I attribute this fault to stupid end users rather than the companies.

they have pretty much monopolized the market

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Why do you need 2133 MHz RAM in a mini-ITX system? :S

I took one look at an Australian store and found quite a few 2133 low profile kits made by GSkill and Kingston, Corsair have their Dominators which have removable fins essentially making them low profile

And again if its the companies fault, why are you only focusing on Corsair?

obvious troll obvious sir

Their cases are not like a Prius. A Prius looks like shit. Anyone who buys a Prius based on looks would have to be blind their whole life and have the first thing they see be a Prius to think it looks good. Corsair cases look good in just about everyone's opinion.