College Question

DevoChip

I was wondering if majoring in Information Technology and Systems and minoring in Computer Science is worthy to adding to resume. 

yes...

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

..I guess if you want a job in IT?

Currently running with a MacBook Pro 14 2021, may build or pick up a gaming laptop again in the future. 

Do you mean you're applying for a job and wonder if you should add the school you're going to as of now?

Or are you asking if that education path is worth it.. For a possible future job?

Well.. To both questions; yes.

For the first possibility; I know employers don't like seeing 'gaps' in employment/schooling. By adding the school you're currently going to you're showing you want to better your knowledge level.

The second possibility is less easy to answer in one go; you should really do some research on the jobs you would like and the possibilities you have with that schooling.

Talk to someone in that field that you know (like a family member) or a guidance counselor (if you're in high school). Furthermore, visit the school's website and see what project their students have done and possibly the employment rate in the field.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm just asking about the education path for whether the CS minor has any significant benefits on top of a degree in Information Technology.

13 minutes ago, DevoChip said:

I'm just asking about the education path for whether the CS minor has any significant benefits on top of a degree in Information Technology.

If you need to fill in papers then I don't see why not. It's a requirement here to do at least 6 papers a year, many do 8. 

In my University (the Technion) they do information technology only with a computer science minor. It's a sub branch of the computer science faculty. So I'm guessing there is a benefit? But..

DO NOT under any circumstances  bite off more than you can chew. It's better to have a good, focused degree with excellent grades than a larger one with meh+ grades. Don't feel like you have to just because "it's considered" or "it's prestigious". I have many friends who made that mistake. 

Because if you take it and start messing up, Gods help me, I will come over there and turn your bones to ash. 

Speaking if Universities, I wanna stay in mine. Gotta hit the books. (well, digital books)

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Waste of time. If you do IT you already have a minor in CS just as if you do Computer Engineering, you have a minor in CS as well. 

Sudo make me a sandwich