Brand new computer and Hard drive

Hello I am new to the forum but I always watched LTT and many other tech YouTubers. I have searched the web and can not find out if it would be okay to just save files and applications out side the standard Program Files folder including x86. I know that one is uses 32bit and the other is 64 but I really enjoy opening my C drive and seeing all the application folders. When opening applications with shortcuts, they normally can't find them but once I browse for it and find it for the shortcut there isn't a problem. So my question is what problems would I run into if I continued to do so and save files and applications outside the Program Files Folders? 

From my experience I can move the directory of certain programs anywhere. When installing the program, just change the installation location. EZ.

11 minutes ago, Surfknight said:

Program Files folder including x86. I know that one is uses 32bit and the other is 64

Its just a folder name, feel free to move it around.

as for moved files for shortcuts, depends on which windows version, it may not find the location (fixed on win 10 i think)

Windows doesn't care where you point to installation. Only thing is that if you want to later move it, that might be issue as installers create absolute links to registery and user documents.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv