Thermaltake vs EK

Hi!

I'll be building loop but I still can't decide from which manufacturer should I take parts. I have info that EK will be releasing ARGB Pump/res combo and ARGB blocks in first half of this year. TT already has it. 

I deciced to take fittings, tubes, radiator from EK, but can't decide for block (8600K and 2080) and pump/res combo...  (should be ARGB --- should I wait for EK or take from TT?)

And about fans, I wanna some cool lighty fans - I was thinking about Thermaltake Pure 12/14 ARGB, what do you think?

Thanks guys! ?

PC: 

8600K OC, 2080, Fractal Design Meshify S2, Kingston Predator RGB rams, 750W Evga PSU, etc..

Completely up to you, personally i find RGB tacky and cheapens the look of a rig. I've not used TT products but plenty of EK stuff, the nickel EK blocks I have used the nickel has failed and come off, not sure why this has happened in 2 instances in my intel builds but my EK block for my old 8350 amd cpu is just like new.

Rads, get alphacool for THICC (45mm+), or hardwarelabs for small (30mm or less)

for fans, I'd get corsair HD120 or LL120 buts thats just cuz i like corsair rgb

for block, litterally find the cheapest

for 2080 + 8600k, a thick 360mm front 45mm rad should be good.

EK already has rgb pump/res combos and rgb blocks for the 8600k. Not sure if they have rgb yet for 2080 but i would assume they do. 

I like EK, my loop is EK but some of their components are a bit pricey

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

That entirely depends on what you're going for if the rad has a high FPI then you will need high static pressure or push pull config meaning noise will go up, it also depends on what overclocks you're applying to the parts, if any.

I have thin rads in my build and high overclocks and my temps are really good, noise is low but i'm using 2 rads to cool 2 components, 420mm and a 360mm with SP fans.

EK if its between those two because TT is garbage. id get an I7 8700K instead of a loop though

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

32 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

I was thinking about 60mm :)https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-xe-360-2016

Corsair fans I cannot take bcs I wanna have all connected to one ARGB Hub (XSPC) and hub to ARGB (5V) header. Then i'll be able to sync it via Mystic Light APP. Going for corsair fans and pluging it into separated Corsair header would may be complicated.

31 minutes ago, Derrk said:

EK already has rgb pump/res combos and rgb blocks for the 8600k. Not sure if they have rgb yet for 2080 but i would assume they do. 

I like EK, my loop is EK but some of their components are a bit pricey

Yeah, Ik that they have RGB, but I am talking about ARGB. 

31 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

That entirely depends on what you're going for if the rad has a high FPI then you will need high static pressure or push pull config meaning noise will go up, it also depends on what overclocks you're applying to the parts, if any.

I have thin rads in my build and high overclocks and my temps are really good, noise is low but i'm using 2 rads to cool 2 components, 420mm and a 360mm with SP fans.

Thank you for opinion but I want to go for just 1 rad 

1 minute ago, stonowinnerz said:

Thank you for opinion but I want to go for just 1 rad 

Any particular reason?

28 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

EK if its between those two because TT is garbage. id get an I7 8700K instead of a loop though

Yeah, I was thinking about better CPU instead of loop, but rn I am playing and working on 8600K (so far non overclocked) and it is really fine... so I dont need to upgrade it yet :) 

Just now, stonowinnerz said:

It will cost much more and I don't like to have 2 rads.

Ok, You will probably experience high temps as a result of pinching pennies, you might need to run the fans in push pull in order to compensate this.

3 minutes ago, stonowinnerz said:

What does mean "pinching pennies"?

pinching pennies, cutting back on costs, ie only using one rad when 2 would be better in the long run to save a small amount of cost.

Oh yeah, undetstand :D im just telling that im thinking about that thick 60mm bcs it was told me that it would be enough.. 

Oh yeah, undetstand :D im just telling that im thinking about that thick 60mm bcs it was told me that it would be enough.. 

the thicker the rad, the more restrictive it is to air flow, so to compensate you need higher RPM fans or more fans.

I wanted to mount rad to the front of Meshify S2 = 3x120mm fan, then bottom 2x140mm, rear 1x140mm and top 3x140mm - every position will be used. Or even with that 9 fans at all should I take 2 rads? :D

I wanted to mount rad to the front of Meshify S2 = 3x120mm fan, then bottom 2x140mm, rear 1x140mm and top 3x140mm - every position will be used. Or even with that 9 fans at all should I take 2 rads? :D

I think you're misunderstanding me, I mean airflow through the radiator itself not the case.

Oh, yeah, then I should install 6fans (with higher RPM as u said) to rad?

1 hour ago, Benjeh said:

a 30mm thick 360 rad would also be fine, as a 240mm aluminum rad (aio) for cpu and 120mm for gpu (see evga hybrid) work perfectly fine.

10 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

a 30mm thick 360 rad would also be fine, as a 240mm aluminum rad (aio) for cpu and 120mm for gpu (see evga hybrid) work perfectly fine.

Can't say i agree with that as previously tested, hot gpu and warm cpu, don't forget the D5 pump cools itself in the coolant so you have to account that when thinking of rad space. a GPU is very capable of saturating a small 120mm rad within an hour or so of light gaming.

8 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

Can't say i agree with that as previously tested, hot gpu and warm cpu, don't forget the D5 pump cools itself in the coolant so you have to account that when thinking of rad space. a GPU is very capable of saturating a small 120mm rad within an hour or so of light gaming.

well, after 20m, the 120mm rad was stable at ~50c, with little freq drop (less than air coolers)

evga sc2 hybrid frequency

also, a D5 pump consumes 23W, which is nothing compared to GPUs sucking up 250W+, and CPUs @ 100W+.

a 360mm rad thats twice as thick as a 120mm + 240mm aio, and that is copper can easily compensate.