I don't play fps games like cs go

Just now, Anas Dweik said:

Hi beebol. 

Would you rather take

1080p 144hz : if so why and what is the graphic card can run most games at 144

Or

1440p 75hz: if so why and what is the graphic card can run most games at 75

I don't play fps games like cs go

If anything I would compare 1080p to 4k since in my head 1440p is that much of a big difference from 1080p and if I could then I would take a 1080p at 144z, 1440 at 120hz instead and a 4k monitor at 75hz. But it all depends on what game you want to run and what graphics card you have.

I would base my monitor choices off of resolution and screen size (PPI is important), and then image quality, and then refresh rate.

which monitors, and what games? 390x should be able to do 1440p low at the minimum, and maybe sometimes 4k low on lighter/older games.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Absolutely 1440p over 1080p for me. Frame times are pretty low at 75hz already.

Usually a GTX 1070 or Vega 56 (or higher) are recommended for 1440p gaming.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, Elo Gaming said:

If anything I would compare 1080p to 4k since in my head 1440p is that much of a big difference from 1080p and if I could then I would take a 1080p at 144z, 1440 at 120hz instead and a 4k monitor at 75hz. But it all depends on what game you want to run and what graphics card you have.

I am buying new setup soon so i am studying my bulid. 4k would be out of my budget. Idk if there is a good cheap card can run games at 4k 60fps. But i can buy 4k monitor 

I am buying new setup soon so i am studying my bulid. 4k would be out of my budget. Idk if there is a good cheap card can run games at 4k 60fps. But i can buy 4k monitor 

You need to give us a budget. Please read the pinned topic in the New Builds subforum.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

I would base my monitor choices off of resolution and screen size (PPI is important), and then image quality, and then refresh rate.

which monitors, and what games? 390x should be able to do 1440p low at the minimum, and maybe sometimes 4k low on lighter/older games.

The only online games i play, For Honor is my main game, dota 2, PUBG. The rest are story mode games. 60 frames would be enough for story games

Take 144hz wherever you can,

technically 1440p 75hz would take less to run than 1080 144hz,

depends what kind of games you are playing and at what settings you want to run them at

but for either situation gtx1060/1070/2060/2070 or RX 580 would be fine

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

1 minute ago, Anas Dweik said:

If youre really on a tight budget maybe one of the new 1160 or 2060 or whatever nvidia is calling it or just wait a little for gtx 10 series prices to go down (if they ever do) and snag a 1080 or 1070ti

The only online games i play, For Honor is my main game, dota 2, PUBG. The rest are story mode games. 60 frames would be enough for story games

I'm sure you can do those story games at 4k 60fps, on lowest. I am able to squeeze by on 1440p lowest for divinity original sin 2, and 1080p medium for life is strange. I can even play endless space 2 at 4k medium to lowest, until things get intense. My 1070 had no troubles running life is strange: before the storm at 4k and even DOOM at 4k almost ultra. 

Your 390x should be much faster than my 760, and so it should be able to play those story games at 4k low. 

Is there any other reason why you want to upgrade your monitor?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

You need to give us a budget. Please read the pinned topic in the New Builds subforum.

I don't know the budget for monitor and graphic card but i can tell in total 1500/1600usd but i would like 4k for sure 

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

I'm sure you can do those story games at 4k 60fps, on lowest. I am able to squeeze by on 1440p lowest for divinity original sin 2, and 1080p medium for life is strange. I can even play endless space 2 at 4k medium to lowest, until things get intense. My 1070 had no troubles running life is strange: before the storm at 4k and even DOOM at 4k almost ultra. 

Your 390x should be much faster than my 760, and so it should be able to play those story games at 4k low. 

Is there any other reason why you want to upgrade your monitor?

Yep. I am going to Canada soon. So i need to buy a new computer :)

I don't know the budget for monitor and graphic card but i can tell in total 1500/1600usd but i would like 4k for sure 

4k is nice but a 1440p monitor around 27" would give you good pixel density and would be a lot easier to run. The guy who said 1080p is similar to 1440p was way off base. There is a very big difference.

Yep. I am going to Canada soon. So i need to buy a new computer :)

you don't need to buy a new computer. 6600k and 390x is still good.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 minutes ago, Elo Gaming said:

If youre really on a tight budget maybe one of the new 1160 or 2060 or whatever nvidia is calling it or just wait a little for gtx 10 series prices to go down (if they ever do) and snag a 1080 or 1070ti

I was thinking of 2070 but i find out the 2070 is really close to 2060 performance and +170CAD . *10 fps different based on branch marks ive watched 

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

you don't need to buy a new computer. 6600k and 390x is still good.

I can't take them on the plane you know, i am planning to take my psu, rams, cooler. I can sell my other parts for 700 usd in my country and buy new parts 

I went 4K 60hz because I play strategy, driving and flight sim and have not missed the extra FPS at all, even in the very, very casual FPS that I play on occasion.

6 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

I went 4K 60hz because I play strategy, driving and flight sim and have not missed the extra FPS at all, even in the very, very casual FPS that I play on occasion.

The questions is : what is gonna happen after 1 or 2 years after new games release if you are playing on 60/70 frame on 4k atm

And what is your gpu 

The questions is : what is gonna happen after 1 or 2 years after new games release if you are playing on 60/70 frame on 4k atm

And what is your gpu 

I'm on an RX580, but I am making considerable compromises in image quality enhancements.

And what's going to happen is I'm just going to upgrade my GPU. I was waiting to see what AMD released this quarter, I'm unimpressed, so I'll either be grabbing a used 1080(ti) or a 2070, as the 1160/1660 doesn't look like it would really be any kind of upgrade, so it's not worth waiting for, and Navi is probably 6 months away for real retail availability.