Brand new pc lagging and freezing

Sk1tzoNK

my newer gaming pc i build last year is getting very hard lag spikes from 120  down to 10 at time other times lower and then my entire pc will freeze for a second, it just started doing this out of the blue i updated my drivers and that didnt help at all and all my temps are fine, and ive never overclocked anything. im just completly lost on what to do. 

PC SPECS:

I7 8700k

msi z370 motherboard

ASUS ROG STRIX gtx 1070 OC edition

16 gb anarchy x ddr4 ram

corsair liquid cooler for CPU

cx 650 PSU Corsair

128Gb kingston SSD

240GB SSD PNY

500Gb HDD

Sounds like a software issue, check for viruses/spyware/bloatware running while you're trying to game.

use some diagnostic software, check what your cpu and gpu usage is at, generally when this happens your cpu will be hitting 100%, ram or vram usage will be near its max, and stops for a second, bring gpu usage down to nothing, and then it will be fine for a few minutes until it happens again

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

will do, checking my RAM CPU and GPU usage right now when it happens. i ran malwarebytes and it cleared like 50 threats and seemed to make it a little better but not alot

On 2/21/2019 at 10:32 AM, xreaperx22 said:

never heard of that ram before "anarchy" is that a china based company or something?

The brand is PNY