Ipads, 2In1s or Normal Laptops

Connor253

Are ipads the perfect laptop replacement?

Are 2in1s the perfect laptop?

Are normal laptops still the king of portable computers?

There is no way you can replace your laptop with an iPad unless all you are using your laptop for is browsing the web, writing emails and consuming media.

4 hours ago, Connor253 said:

Let's say its for a student maybe?

For what purpose? I have tablet and laptop (plus desktop). If I weren't a student, and even if I wouldn't get laptop from work, tablet would still be enough. Only reason why I will keep laptop until I finish studies is because I like writing on keyboard more than tapping screen. And getting €30 bluetooth keyboard for tablet when I already own laptop seems just stupid. Same with things that require either Windows or more horsepower.

I would personally avoid 2in1's. I recently had to reset/fix one for a friend. Not a pleasant experience and I still don't get why those things exist. For small laptops-options ultrabooks/chromebooks with touchscreen and maybe turning screen are much better. You still have full laptop with touchscreen. 2in1 you have tablet power with attached keyboard. Essentially working like a dock with extra connections and battery life.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv