P5QL/EPU vs GA-EP43C-DS3

Hey guys.

I've old pc parts and i want to build LGA775 beast ?

CPU: Xeon E5450
RAM: 4x2GB
GPU: GTX 960

Also, i've two motherboard. P5QL/EPU and GA-EP43C-DS3. I want to know which one is better to use in this build. 

p.s I've LGA771 to 775 Adapter (MOD) for my cpu. Someone told me that I should also cut two millimeters from socket to fit my cpu well. Is it really necessary?

The two boards are very similar in terms of features. I think it will come down to which has the nicer BIOS input and overclocking interface, which will probably be the Gigabyte. Asus at that time was a little sparse on non-enthusiast boards.

As for the socket modding; in my relatively extensive experience "trimming" was not needed for a 771 to 775 mod.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

The ASUS board would be better tbh. 

9 hours ago, ApolloX75 said:

The two boards are very similar in terms of features. I think it will come down to which has the nicer BIOS input and overclocking interface, which will probably be the Gigabyte. Asus at that time was a little sparse on non-enthusiast boards.

As for the socket modding; in my relatively extensive experience "trimming" was not needed for a 771 to 775 mod.

9 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

The ASUS board would be better tbh. 

It seems that I have to make a choice between these mobos, because your opinion is different from each other. :/ 

1 hour ago, GiorgiPera said:

It seems that I have to make a choice between these mobos, because your opinion is different from each other. :/ 

The ASUS would just be a better overclocker thats all, much cleaner board too as the GB needs to support both DDR2 and DDR3, those sorts of boards were just meant as a transition.