PS4 pro or Xbox one X in 2019

AwayComet108

So recently my GTX 970 died and so I was left with no choice to go the console route but I FR cant decide what to get. PS4 pro or Xone X my friends got Xbox but ive had all the PlayStation lineups before so I kinda like the exclusives on the PS4 for games. However, the xone X is a freaking beast so like and handles games natively at 4Kso like.... . I know they don’t compare anything to the glorious visuals you get on a PC but like gaming on consoles is like much less of a hassle and I’m very picky on my visuals so I’ll spend more time tweaking my settings to get constant FPS than playing the actual game. While on the console side I can just lay back enjoy the game without worrying if my GPU can handle a certain game or If I’d be able to run 60fps without sacrificing visuals and what not. Also for some reason gaming at 30fps on consoles seem to not be as annoying as it is on PC, I don’t know why?. I wanna play RDR2, Uncharted, Halo or at least some of console exclusives. So what do u guys think I should opt for. My friends got the Xone S, I like the PS4 games more, but the Xone X obliterates all the other consoles graphically. I’d love to get some suggestions on this. Thanks people

Ps4 has much better exclusives, but your friends are on Xbox.

If you want to play with friends: Xbox

If you want better single player: PS4

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

dat forza tho

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

You mention that most of your friends have the Xbox One, BUT. How many of them actively still play it? Because there's a difference between having it and playing it.

That said, PS4 currently has, IMO, a better line up of games. Because I like RPG games and there's plenty of those on the PS4 (Spider Man, Persona, Horizon, God of War, etc etc etc)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, AwayComet108 said:

So recently my GTX 970 died and so I was left with no choice to go the console route but I FR cant decide what to get. PS4 pro or Xone X my friends got Xbox but ive had all the PlayStation lineups before so I kinda like the exclusives on the PS4 for games. However, the xone X is a freaking beast so like and handles games natively at 4Kso like.... . I know they don’t compare anything to the glorious visuals you get on a PC but like gaming on consoles is like much less of a hassle and I’m very picky on my visuals so I’ll spend more time tweaking my settings to get constant FPS than playing the actual game. While on the console side I can just lay back enjoy the game without worrying if my GPU can handle a certain game or If I’d be able to run 60fps without sacrificing visuals and what not. Also for some reason gaming at 30fps on consoles seem to not be as annoying as it is on PC, I don’t know why?. I wanna play RDR2, Uncharted, Halo or at least some of console exclusives. So what do u guys think I should opt for. My friends got the Xone S, I like the PS4 games more, but the Xone X obliterates all the other consoles graphically. I’d love to get some suggestions on this. Thanks people

is it not better just to replace the dead card? i mean you're pretty much just kinda ditching a significant portion of hardware. That being said, I don't think there's a hefty amount of difference between the current generation of consoles.

I'd get a PS4 Pro. IMO, the XBOne OS is hot garbage and better hardware won't fix it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

16 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I'd get a PS4 Pro. IMO, the XBOne OS is hot garbage and better hardware won't fix it.

they're very similar in specification though. I don't reasonably see why one would be miles ahead of the opponent.

21 minutes ago, Sylvie said:

they're very similar in specification though. I don't reasonably see why one would be miles ahead of the opponent.

The XBOneX has a better GPU. It's something like comparing a 470 to a 580, I believe. Though that mostly just means different internal resolution. I don't know about the CPU core speeds.

Basically, the One X can do more native or near native 4K.

Not worth the crappy software and annual relearning of the newest UI.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

The XBOneX has a better GPU. It's something like comparing a 470 to a 580, I believe. Though that mostly just means different internal resolution. I don't know about the CPU core speeds.

Basically, the One X can do more native or near native 4K. 

Not worth the crappy software and annual relearning of the newest UI.

okay, i gguess there's some slight difference in quality for some things. I dunno, when i think of people buying a console, i try to mostly put myself in their shoes and say "well which do you think would be better for you?" i mean, sure, new friends on a different platform is cool, but what about playing with existing friends too? or what games they'd prefer to play? pperhaps one of them has exclusives that the person would prefer?

Personally I'm a PC enthusiast, and don't really have any interest in a console aside from maybe a switch, so I think it's best OP keeps their needs in mind.

5 hours ago, AwayComet108 said:

So recently my GTX 970 died and so I was left with no choice to go the console route but I FR cant decide what to get.

Why not just replace the GPU??

Why do you have to go Console??

PS4 pro or Xone X my friends got Xbox but ive had all the PlayStation lineups before so I kinda like the exclusives on the PS4 for games.

Sucks that they already got the XBox...

I got both and am not happy with the XBox for various reasons...

For example: You can't buy "Backward Compatible" Games with the Money in the M$ Account (Prepaid Gift Cards). You need to pay with Credit Card, Paypal or whatever, wich kinda makes it useless...

However, the xone X is a freaking beast so like and handles games natively at 4Kso like.... 

Not really, nothing this generation really handles 4k really well.

But that's also not important.

THe Performance of a Console is overrated by many people as the Games make the Console.

Meaning: IF you have no games on the System to play its worthless. Even with the Best Hardware.

As for the Technical details: The only thing that's really better than the PS4 PRO is the Bandwith due to the 384bit Interface. For whatever reason Sony chose to stay with 8GiB and thus didn't increase the Bandwith over the Normal PS4 much...

In the Past the Consoles with rather shitty hardware were still rather sucessful because of the Games and  so on.

XBox really doesn't have much to play on that you can't play somewhere else.

All that's left is Halo Master Chief Collection and the Rare Replay thing.

And that's about it.

I wanna play RDR2, Uncharted, Halo or at least some of console exclusives. So what do u guys think I should opt for.

You should look at Marvel's Spider-Man, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4.

If you like interactive Movies, Detroit become Human is a good thing to look at.

My friends got the Xone S, I like the PS4 games more, but the Xone X obliterates all the other consoles graphically. 

For Multiplayer on Consoles you usually have to pay.

And you might be able to play with PC as well, so when you get your PC going again, you might be able to play with them again.

As for the Games:
There is NOTHING on the XBox that is worth considering.

Halo was amazing back in the day.

But by todays standards, it doesn't hold up too well.

And the Remastered Textures aren't that great, atmospherically.

So I'd sugest to get a Playstation with these Games:
Horizon Zero Dawn 

God of War

Marvel's Spider-Man

If you see it for 10€ or less: Order 1886

Ratchet and Clank

Infamous Second Son (if possible in a Bundle with First Light).

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, Sylvie said:

UI: Sony has a simpler UI, optimized for (Downloaded) Games. M$ has something that makes little sense.

Hardware: Sony has Bluetooth Support that is rather open. Meaning you can pair a Switch PRO Controller or even Xbox One Controller (2nd Gen only). Though this is kinda pointless as you can not use them, sadly.

HOWEVER you can use other Bluetooth devices such as Headsets with the Consoe as well. And that's IMO the real advantage: Wireless Headsets.

While you have to use analogue Headsets with the XBox One.

Controller: People claim the XBox One Controller is way better than the Sony. Well, no they are not. As for ergonomics, there isn't really much between them. However:
The XBox One Controller didn't innovate much and the only thing they did that's "innovative" is trigger vibrators. WIch I've only seen used in Forza Horizon (don't have Motorsport).

The PS4 Controller has however a  very innovative feature that was also adopted by Nintendo:
A screenshot/Video thingy button. And that's one of the essential features of the PS4: Sharing your gaming experience with other People, taking screenshots or recording gamepay footage.

Anyway, back to the Controller:
PS4 Controller has:
Motion Controls, Touchpad and the mentioned Screenshot (Share) Button. And a Speaker as well (used in Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise of the Tomb Raider, sadly not in Shadow)

Harddrive: The Sony OS uses considerably Less Space than the M$ OS. 

And is user replacable on the PS4 with any 2,5" S-ATA Drive up to 9,5mm you want. SSD, HDD you name it.

With the Xbox One it is not user replacable and getting the Disk to run in the Console is a pain in the butt...

HDMI: Both support it, PS4 (as PS3) supports HDMI CEC, wich means you can control the Console with your TV Remote in certain apps. The XBox support Freesync...

And it has a HDMI in, wich to be frank is totally useless as the console needs to be running (=80W Power Consumption) so that doesn't make too much sense.

Power Consumption:
That is higher on the XBox One. 

And we're talking like 30W or more. I've measured only around 180W worst in some cases (Horizon Zero Dawn), while the Xbox One goes up to 210W in Gears of War 4. 

But that's the older CUH-7016B. The newer CUH-7216b consumes a bit less power (and is a bit quieter as well)...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

PS4 is a no brainer this gen IMO because of how many great console exclusives it has. I guess now with PS4 Slim $300 and PS4 Pro $400 I'd go for the Pro, but when the Slim goes on sale for $200 I'd buy that instead. XBox One X also is not a native 4k machine. It uses upscaling and dynamic resolution just like the PS4 Pro does, though it's probably equivalent to one tier higher on the gpu ladder than what's in the PS4 Pro. So if you only play multiplatform games like Assassins Creed series, Red Dead Redemption 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, The Witcher 3, etc then the XBox One X might be worth it to you. But PS4 has so many ridiculously good games you can't get on XBox. Stuff like God of War, Bloodborne, Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, Yakuza 0, Persona 5, Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted 1-4, Nioh, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, Ratchet & Clank, etc. I have played every major console ever released since I grew up in the 1980s and PS4 is probably my third favorite system of all time, with PS2 being my #1 and SNES my #2. You just can't run out of stuff to play on PS4, especially with games like Days Gone, The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, and Death Stranding upcoming on it.

4 hours ago, PrinceNorris said:

If you have enough time you can wait for E3 2019 to see what Xbox has to offer since SONY isn't gonna be around the event. But if you haven't, I would look at some multiplayer games instead of singleplayer console exclusives (like Uncharted as you mentioned). That's of course if you are into multiplayer.

If you care about the graphical details I would go for One X as a long term purchase since I'm sure they won't beat that performance in some time.

I bet XBox's E3 is going to talk a lot about their next gen systems. I think they're going to be pretty strong because they have bought out some great developers to make exclusives for them, but it has been so recent we probably won't see these exclusives until next gen.