File downloading as WinRAR instead of .Jar

I hope this is the right place, I checked the others but I felt it belongs here. Sorry if it isn't. In short I'm trying to open a private server on Minecraft of all games. I've downloaded the correct file and opened it. On of the files is suppose to be a .jar but it keeps downloading as a WinRAR for some reason. I need it to be a .jar because I am suppose to run it. I have downloaded this file onto a different computer and it downloaded as a .jar just fine on there. I don't understand why it's doing this to me. I'd be very grateful for the help.

dsfghbaedfgearg.PNG

iersjnmthgneakrgjkaew.PNG

3 minutes ago, ScreamSlasher5X said:

downloaded

Not downloaded...associated. The system the file is downloaded on, thinks WinRAR should open .jar files, as opposed to....JAVA I think?

You have to go into file associations and change that, or right-click on the file and choose "open with" and then pick the right program

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Do you have the java runtime installed on that computer?

A .jar is just a compressed archive and winrar automatically associates with it until... something else does; such as Java.

10 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Not downloaded...associated. The system the file is downloaded on, thinks WinRAR should open .jar files, as opposed to....JAVA I think?

You have to go into file associations and change that, or right-click on the file and choose "open with" and then pick the right program

9 minutes ago, fargonaz said:

Do you have the java runtime installed on that computer?

A .jar is just a compressed archive and winrar automatically associates with it until... something else does; such as Java.

Embarrassingly I didn't have Java. I never thought to check because I was sure I had installed it. It also never crossed my mind to check, foolishly. I think fingers cross it will work. I downloaded Java and downloaded the files again. It was still the same but I remembered someone telling me to check associated files. This time .jar was there, because I'd obviously downloaded Java THIS TIME. I had to change it and downloaded it again. This time it is a .jar file. You saying did I have Java triggered my brain to check and well you now know as do I. Thank you, both of you.
@Radium_Angel @fargonaz