Homemade cable sleeving

filippalfi
Go to solution Solved by Denned,

Please don't do that. It will look terrible.

Cablemods has an EU Store. It should take much less than a month to get something from them.

Hello! 

So, since, in Croatia, i cant seem to find any cable extensions, or i can but will have to wait a month for them to arrive,which is impossible for me,so i thought of removing the "mesh" which is around them and taking a piece of black cloth and just stick it around the cables with double sided tape,or even sewing it together if tape wont hold it. What do u guys think about it, can something bad happen etc? 

Just now, filippalfi said:

i can but will have to wait a month for them to arrive,which is impossible for me

Why is it impossible!? Please don't glue fabric to the cables, it will look terrible! just be patient.

Just now, UrbanFreestyle said:

Why is it impossible!? Please don't glue fabric to the cables, it will look terrible! just be patient.

Patience being the main thing of impossibility hahah. Yeah, thought so, but still i do have some nice fabric, it resembles to Corsair AIO pipes the most, and putting time in it isnt the issue, i would try to make it as nice as possible. 

i would advise you to steer well clear as there is a reason companies dont wrap their cables in random fabric. but it's your cables so up to you.

Dammit, well,hype about it was short, gonna look up the cablemod site, because trying to get something thru local vendors is just idiotic, to be honest. Thanks guys for replying! 

13 hours ago, filippalfi said:

Dammit, well,hype about it was short, gonna look up the cablemod site, because trying to get something thru local vendors is just idiotic, to be honest. Thanks guys for replying! 

@filippalfi if you need any help feel free to email Support@CableMod.com - always happy to help!

Or, if you want to do it yourself, give MDPC-X a try and do the sleeving yourself with professional sleeves. You'll be able to sleeve everything. They're in Germany and are shipping world wide though there are several other shops around, for example in Hungary. Shouldn't make a big difference moneywise but you're entirely free to do what you want and adapt cable lengths on the go. It will take quite a while though, there are more cables than you'd think and you'll need to crimp connectors for every pin and sleeve everything by hand (so basically 24 cables, 24 sleeves, 48 pins, 48 heat shrinks just for the 24-Pin ATX cable). You'll earn quite a lot of bragging rights though if that is of any concern …

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!