First build and would like opinions (budget)

hahadead7777
Go to solution Solved by Slottr,

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Something like this work? One stick of ram for available upgrade, 8GB 580 and an SSD. 

I'd squeeze for a better power supply, but it will do

Hello. This is my first build and I'm trying to get something that I can kinda use and have it within a few weeks since I won't be able to build my 2k$ pc for a few months. I'm probably gonna give this to someone else to start them off with gaming when I upgrade. 

Note I did look into pre-built systems but from what I could find I either have to deal with integrated graphics, only usb2.0, or gamble with a used pc which is why I used a pc builder website and am verifying here

Planning to game (low-medium quality), maybe 3d model, and possible ingame recording (optional)

My budget is $600 and I can't go over $630 with tax due to the payment method I'm using

I already own a keyboard/mouse and I do not own a monitor but will be obtaining one with a separate budget once I build the pc

I'm currently upgrading from a Lenovo G700 that when purchased had little to no optional things included from what I can tell as it is a hand me down

I don't care about the case, doesn't have to be ssd, and I would prefer 250g or more storage but I can get an external hard drive

The parts I'm currently looking at are listed HERE with a total of $624.47  . I had to change a couple things like the graphics card and go from 16gb or RAM to 8gb. Also I randomly chose a case from newegg here because it is cheaper than what this part lister could find

Any opinions on swapping things or did something wrong like used incompatible parts would be greatly appreciated.I understand that this will probably run like a potato but at least I'm upgrading to a loaded baked potato

Something like this work? One stick of ram for available upgrade, 8GB 580 and an SSD. 

I'd squeeze for a better power supply, but it will do

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

wow that looks even better than what I found but there's just one thing. That version doesn't come with windows from what I can tell. Or at least as far as I'm aware build your own pcs don't come with windows

1 minute ago, hahadead7777 said:

wow that looks even better than what I found but there's just one thing. That version doesn't come with windows from what I can tell. Or at least as far as I'm aware build your own pcs don't come with windows

That would be correct.

Its a pretty popular opinion to most that windows costs an extravagant amount compared to other alternatives. So it tends to be common practice to buy windows from a 3rd party website like Kinguin (wouldnt recommend), eBay, or if you're a uni student, you should be able to get it for free.

You can also just use windows without activating it

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, hahadead7777 said:

Been using Windows for free for years, if you can deal with a little "activate windows" prompt then you're good

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Oh sweet. I thought I had a lot more hoops to jump through for windows if I didn't get it then and there without a disk drive. And yeah I can deal with the prompt until I obtain the full version. I didn't expect a response till tomorrow yall are awesome!

41 minutes ago, hahadead7777 said:

Oh sweet. I thought I had a lot more hoops to jump through for windows if I didn't get it then and there without a disk drive. And yeah I can deal with the prompt until I obtain the full version. I didn't expect a response till tomorrow yall are awesome!

get a cheap OEM windows key for just $10.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

15 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

get a cheap OEM windows key for just $10.

I'll be snagging one in the near future but I can't help but wonder how legal the copies are if it's 90% cheaper

4 hours ago, hahadead7777 said:

I'll be snagging one in the near future but I can't help but wonder how legal the copies are if it's 90% cheaper

I mean if Microsoft ain’t shutting them down, Why pay full price?

Current Rig:

Crappy Laptop. I have a CPU meant for a tablet inside it.

Current Goal:

Type Item  
CPU AMD - A4-7300 3.8 GHz Dual-Core Processor  
Motherboard ASRock - FM2A68M-DG3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  
Memory Crucial - 2 GB (1 x 2 GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  
Memory Crucial - 2 GB (1 x 2 GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  
Case Rosewill - FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  
Power Supply GAMDIAS - M1 650 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $237.63
  Mail-in rebates -$45.00
  Total $192.63
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-11 21:09 EST-0500  

Current Status Of Set Goal: 142 dollars left till upgrade.

Price With Canadian Tax: 217$ with Canadian Tax. No shipping.

8 hours ago, hahadead7777 said:

Microsoft let you use windows 10 for free indefinitely, if you don't mind the watermark.

$10 will get rid of that, OEM seems legit, i've used mine since win 8, and get it upgraded to win10, for free.

Those keys are already paid, MS doesn't care if it used or not.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w