How soon can I get my hands on a Vega 7?

EggyRepublic

I'm thinking of switching to a Vega 7 and returning my (unopened) RTX 2070 and AMD says they're releasing it on February 7, which is in 3 days. How long does it typically take for them to ship, and where do I order it from?

2 minutes ago, EggyRepublic said:

I'm thinking of switching to a Vega 7 and returning my (unopened) RTX 2070 and AMD says they're releasing it on February 7, which is in 3 days. How long does it typically take for them to ship, and where do I order it from?

they said they made only 5000 of them for the whole world...good luck finding one.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

they said they made only 5000 of them for the whole world...good luck finding one.

That was just some rumors floating around, AMD's official response was "supply would meet demand" whatever that means.

I would honestly suggest waiting until we see performance numbers before you return your 2070, but if you've got a computer parts retailer nearby, e.g. Microcenter, you could probably walk out with one on the 7th. Otherwise it depends on the shipping time of where you buy it from.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

2 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

AMD's official response was "supply would meet demand"

Just like Vega, right?

Oh wait

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I would return the 2070 and get it. Wouldn't even wait on benchmarks. My liquid 64 is probably close to a 2070 and the VII will be even better. I'm highly considering getting one myself! 

It really depends on pricing, though. There will be partner cards as you can already see some of them on their websites. So I'm not sure if they'll all be priced similar. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build