Kraken x52 New Install - Smoke from Pump?

Hi all,

So i decided that I was going to upgrade to the Kraken X52 and set about installing it as per the instructions, however after switching the system on after double checking every connection and wire placement, the pump began to smoke! 

Naturally I turned the system off, checked that the CPU etc was fine and there is no sign of burning or residue anywhere on any of the components on or around the pump or surrounding areas? 

Checked online and there are no real mentions of other people having the same issue and these should be a simple install really but this has me stumped.

Anyone have any thoughts while I await some more insight from NZXT themselves?

More insight for background:

• This is a replacement one, brand new as it happened on the first one that i bought too
  • Power is from a SATA that powers the HUE+ (I have an NZXT H500i case) and that works fine
  • Thermal paste is as standard however I did clean the CPU first with TIM cleaner
  • All walk through and instructions confirm that wiring is correct and in the right place 

I guess rma is the best choise here...

I guess you've been unlucky to have 2 failed units

I don't know that the power the pump is looking for is 12v or 5v from SATA. But i'd bet pesos to peanuts that the HUE+ sata is 12V. If the pump is looking for constant 5v at high current (and I don't know that it is), 12V would surely fry some components. Odd that you'd get two bad units in a row.

...too odd...

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I would try different power method on the third pump,  just in case that it turns out that you fried both pumps. 2x pumps smoking just sounds odd.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

So it is really unfortunate that this happened but I LITERALLY just had the exact same thing, all I did was switch the PCIE Cables to my GPU and my first boot after that and my x52 just blew up, I've never jumped so quickly in my life.