Can we get a video/ stream on how to brows the web safely

Ryanwake

Can we get s tutorial on how to navigate difficult parts of the web  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would u watch a video/ stream internet tutorial

• Yes
    • No
    • I know everything, and everyone that doesn't should figure it out on their own
    • No this sounds boring

I was thinking something like how to do stuff like torrenting, and how to troubleshoot websites that have too many ads to work properly.

I mean teach us how to do it safely, but nothing illigal.

So u could buy a marvel movie and something from the bargen bin so u can go over how to quickly diagnose a Dead torrent.

Also useful tricks on how to navigate the web.

I mean I know a lot of this stuff but I don't know everything, plus I'm self-taught just enough to know that there's a heck of a lot more out there that I don't know about.

Pls suggest more stuff that's difficult to do on the net, I'm sure there are more than 2 things

I mean you got a laugh out of me but we already have this? On second thought firewalls don't  protect you from viruses, they just make them harder to be created.

Did you make this or did you find this on Google?

ah the perks of growing up with constant internet access. the ability to know that i'm not the millionth visitor and won a prize. or the ability to know that music.mp3.exe might be a virus

1 minute ago, emosun said:

ah the perks of growing up with constant internet access. the ability to know that i'm not the millionth visitor and won a prize. or the ability to know that music.mp3.exe might be a virus

By constant internet access I hope you weren't referring to me

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

I mean I get that but, not everything is common sense just about 85% of general knowledge is.

And general knowledge is just scratching the surface of the internet

1 minute ago, Ryanwake said:

By constant internet access I hope you weren't referring to me

that..... wouldnt make sense

Depends on the viewerbase.. If you were trying to teach young kids/people who are new to the internet then sure.

I feel like it wouldn't be something too high on LTT's list of video ideas though.

Generally speaking if you use your common sense and you don't click on stuff like "FREE IPAD/!!11!!!111 CLICK HEER TO CLAIM UR PRISE!!!1!11!! UR ARE THE 1 MILION VISITER!1111!!11" then you should be good.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

that..... wouldnt make sense

What doesn't make sense to not having internet for about two-thirds of the time between ages 8 and 16

Just now, Ryanwake said:

In general knowledge is just scratching the surface of the internet

the web is general knowledge , you want to learn everything about the internet then get a degree in it. nobody is going to wrap the entire internet into a 10 minute video for you.

A video and a guide or walkthrough or history lesson exists for almost everything ever. use that 85% knowledge of google to do some research on what you want to learn

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

Depends on the viewerbase.. If you were trying to teach young kids/people who are new to the internet then sure.

I feel like it wouldn't be something too high on LTT's list of video ideas though.

Generally speaking if you use your common sense and you don't click on stuff like "FREE IPAD/!!11!!!111 CLICK HEER TO CLAIM UR PRISE!!!1!11!! UR ARE THE 1 MILION VISITER!1111!!11" then you should be good.

No I meant techies like me that don't know everything, I want to be a little more safe

the web is general knowledge , you want to learn everything about the internet then get a degree in it. nobody is going to wrap the entire internet into a 10 minute video for you.

A video and a guide or walkthrough or history lesson exists for almost everything ever. use that 85% knowledge of google to do some research on what you want to learn

That's why I was thinking a 1-hour stream would be better

10 minutes ago, Ryanwake said:

I was thinking something like how to do stuff like torrenting, and how to troubleshoot websites that have too many ads to work properly.

I mean teach us how to do it safely, but nothing illigal.

So u could buy a marvel movie and something from the bargen bin so u can go over how to quickly diagnose a Dead torrent.

Also useful tricks on how to navigate the web.

I mean I know a lot of this stuff but I don't know everything, plus I'm self-taught just enough to know that there's a heck of a lot more out there that I don't know about.

Torrenting can get illegal very quickly. As for the ads, use an ad blocker. I don't think Linus really does stuff like that.

1 minute ago, Ryanwake said:

That's why I was thinking a 1-hour stream would be better

1 hour of his time being used for something he doesn't want. I think. He is a tech tips channel, though...

10 minutes ago, emosun said:

I don't want to learn how to code a website, I just want to learn how to remove a virus and navigate a website that is filled with ads.

Along with websites that recognize adblock and refuse to work until u refresh the page after deactivating it

5 minutes ago, hiitswilliam said:

Torrenting can get illegal very quickly. As for the ads, use an ad blocker. I don't think Linus really does stuff like that.

Of corse I use adblocker but it isn't the answer to everything, especially on Android where u can't use extensions.

Just now, Ryanwake said:

I just want to learn how to remove a virus

Just go into your antivirus (like MBAM or Windows Defender) and click scan. If you don't have one, download one.

2 minutes ago, Ryanwake said:

navigate a website that is filled with ads.

Get adblock and a popup blocker. Works like a charm.

2 minutes ago, Ryanwake said:

Along with websites that recognize adblock and refuse to work until u refresh the page after deactivating it

There's nothing you can do about that apart from disabling your adblocker.

3 minutes ago, Ryanwake said:

I don't want to learn how to code a website, I just want to learn how to remove a virus and navigate a website that is filled with ads.

Look all I said dis the internet is difficult, y can't u understand that I cant u understand these there are more than 2 people in this world teckies and grandma's.

Teckies need help to sometimes

i think this is one of those threads where i can immediately tell the age of the op

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

Just go into your antivirus (like MBAM or Windows Defender) and click scan. If you don't have one, download one.

Get adblock and a popup blocker. Works like a charm.

There's nothing you can do about that apart from disabling your adblocker.

I get that it's just sometimes the sites just are non functionial, but sometimes they are, the frustrating part is the site that is perfectly useible one day might send u into endless spiraling redirects the next.

4 minutes ago, Ryanwake said:

Of corse I use adblocker but it isn't the answer to everything, especially on Android where u can't use extensions.

Get a browser with an ad blocker built in. Generally if a site has so many ads that it's unusable, then maybe you shouldn't be using that site in the first place. 

i think this is one of those threads where i can immediately tell the age of the op

First of all I'm 21 and second of all that's rude

4 minutes ago, Ryanwake said:

Look all I said dis the internet is difficult, y can't u understand that I cant u understand these there are more than 2 people in this world teckies and grandma's.

Teckies need help to sometimes

I understand what you're trying to say, but I'm just not sure if that sort of video is the type of thing that LTT would make. 

There's already a wealth of tutorial videos on YouTube, which I why I think LTT isn't really going to do a massive tutorial video.