Whats with all the hate towards B-roll?

joelthezombie15

Not to be that guy, but... B-Roll could do way better. I know camera work is hard and all, but as successful as this YouTube channel and this community is, it feels as if the quality of the content is suffering from B-Roll. For example; -Shakyness, yes I know, it's not that important and I can deal with it as well -Auto/manual focus problems, I don't know why he feels the need or why the camera keeps unfocusing and has to refocus to be a clear shot -Zoom ins, this is a big problem for me, as an avid Linus watcher you know what Linus is about focus on next and talk about, but then he just zooms in on Linus's face, what's up with that? The recent unboxing of the Gigabyte UD4H Z77 board was PERFECT in my opinion, but I bet B-Roll didn't record that and if he did, then great job! Your abilities must have been off the other couple of times! I know I am going to get some hate, but I did provide as to why I have problems with the videos. I think he is a great addition to the team, but my fear is that the quality is lowering because of it and needs to be addressed. I could care less if he was the intern, I was, or some other average Joe out there, but I bet B-Roll got the position because of what he can do and I know I couldn't do a better job personally. Maybe it's stage fright? I don't know, but it needs to be fixed.

I am glad you found that unboxing perfect because I did shoot that just the other day with the new set-up I fashioned together

That unboxing is the first of a new batch that should be much better :)

Look out for our Func MS-3 commercial coming soon that is more my element and should be rather enjoyable

People have to learn and besides, I doubt the ones complaining can do a better job.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I think B-roll's Doing Awesome, if those People who hated on him actually met him, they would never say that to his face. people use the youtube commenting system to just spew random thoughts, not actually give a good piece of information.

Keep it up B-roll, you're doing great, best of Luck!

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Yeah, people need some reminder that he is an intern. Doing this work for free, and this should be a really great experience/learning for him had the people stopped hating him.

I don't know about y'all but i'd much rather hate on the NCIXcom channel people that aren't Linus. Something about their style I just don't like. 

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

I'm perplexed as to why everyone is hating on B-roll i see hundreds of comments on Youtube and quite a few on the forum saying "B-roll is so shaky and cant focus and he is stupid" and I don't think that he deserves all that hate. In my opinion he is doing a perfectly fine job. Sure he can be shaky from time to time but slick wasn't much better when he started. I don't understand why no one can give him a chance. And even if he did suck (which i dont think he does) how else is he going to get better if he doesn't get to film anything? you also have to admit Linus is a bit hard to film he moves around a lot. Also they have been filming outside a lot and I'm sure it can be a bit difficult not all ground is even and sometimes he may have to stand on a curb and balance or something. I'm sure the guy is nervous there is 330,773 people judging his work. I just feel bad for the guy seeing all those negative comments it must be difficult to keep doing what you love with everyone tearing you down. All I'm asking is for everyone to treat him like hes in the room with you and keep your thoughts to your self or at least be constructive with you judging. It would make me sad to see all these nice people on this forum start being jerks. and yes i know i sound like the leave Brittany alone guy i just want this to be a nice forum. And i like seeing the tech tips family grow.

Very well said. I have nothing but support for B-Roll and I hope he becomes a great cameraman!

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I am glad you found that unboxing perfect because I did shoot that just the other day with the new set-up I fashioned together

That unboxing is the first of a new batch that should be much better :)

Look out for our Func MS-3 commercial coming soon that is more my element and should be rather enjoyable

Well then perfect! Keep doing what you're doing, best of luck!

I'll look out for that video ;)

I'm not sure if you could even relate it to trolls, but I can't specifically put a word to it.  I know there are many different things that it seems some individuals "harp" about when it comes to videos, live stream and more specifically camera angle, view, stability, audio....  I think it's important to keep an open mind for what these guys are doing.  They've provided us with a free resource of information for a tech world that is forever growing and we all share the same love/passion/interest... I'm pretty thankful for what all of this has become since even before LMG, and I know personally my expectations of how Linus, Slick, Diesel, and now B-Roll change the development of this company everyday only grows with the experience they gain.

I see the complaining and ranting has petty stones to throw, and it's only a matter of individuals who happen to be the kind of people who like to throw them no matter the reason or if the justification even exists.  These guys aren't running a multi-million dollar corporation where perfection in performance is expected from the very moment you recieve your offer from the HRO.  I think they are doing an absolutely superb job, and that by extension goes to B-Roll as well.

People have to learn and besides, I doubt the ones complaining can do a better job.

my sentiments exactly...

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel