Artic accelero extreme IV clearance

I want to buy a after market cooler for my 1080 but can only buy the IV version of the accelero, which has huge back plate fins. if it does seem to somehow fit right under my dark rock pro 3 CPU cooler then yeah cool but what if it doesn't? can I install the cooler without the back plate? here is a picture for reference. see at the bottom there? I'm buying from Australia and have already looked at the Morpheus cooler which is about the same price but doesnt include any fans so whats the play here lads?

51WU9Fb05UL._SL1000_.jpg

It looks like it should fit due to the pci slot available above the card. If it doesn't, you can just not install the backplate. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It looks like it should fit due to the pci slot available above the card. If it doesn't, you can just not install the backplate. 

Thanks man. Ordered it last night and should come by next week sometime. Hope it works :)

Hi I have one, does not fit with a big cooler and if you have high rams on your system. its very good my rx480 stays at 70c max with 1.2v I did oc the crap out of it. Does not fit Vega cards