Some information about P106 And some suggests

Kedi

1. Thanks to "SkySway" from China (he is from China and provides the GPU driver that appears in the video). He came to Bilibili's LinusTechTips channel so that we could know his help.

2, Taobao's shopkeeper will provide GPU drive solution tutorial, if you have bought from Taobao,youcan communicate with he on Aliwangwang (阿里旺旺),a platform where you can communicate with sellers.BUT, only Chinese tutorial, if you want to give an attempt Maybe a Chinese friend who can master English well is a good choice for help.

3, P106 has good performance, but first, it has experienced the torture of mining, perhaps not far from death (based on your luck). Second, the P106 bandwidth is limited to the PCI-E 1.1 level(Thanks SupaKomputa for correcting.) with a high output delay of approximately 100ms.

4, if you do not have a budget and want to buy a GPU with good performance, based on the Chinese BBS test, the RX 470 is better than the P106 in terms of games.

5, Huaqiang North has produced a P106 graphics card with HDMI video output. You only need to add one hundred yuan ($15) to buy a graphics card with HDMI. But I am really interested in Linus's idea to modify P106.

6,I strongly recommend Linus to mosaic the name of the store.

By the way, Taobao has a lot of interesting technology products that you can't think of. Anthony can take a moment to look at it. Such as laptop NIC interface / MINI PCI-E, EXPRESSCARD, NGFF (M.2) A / E button external graphics card adapter cable.

I hope Linus has a chance to try it out.

Apologize for the error caused by Google’s automatic translation.

Edited by Kedi

I've been to Huaqiangbei shopping center, there's a lot of interesting stuff unavailable elsewhere like sodimm to longdimm converter.

Number 3 is questionable, how the card can have the same benchmark number (in linus video) if still in pcie 1.0? It is a possibility that nvidia cap this, as miners don't need high bandwidth.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

12 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

I've been to Huaqiangbei shopping center, there's a lot of interesting stuff unavailable elsewhere like sodimm to longdimm converter.

Number 3 is questionable, how the card can have the same benchmark number (in linus video) if still in pcie 1.0? It is a possibility that nvidia cap this, as miners don't need high bandwidth.

My test results show that it is PCI-E x16/x8 1.1.My friend told me that PCI-E link forced slowdown 1.1 standard for render the game.

The test results indicate that Linus's ideas can be implemented. Use AMD's graphics card for output, use P106 graphics card for calculation.It is feasible.

Then I want to talk about the shortcomings of the mine card.

1,Driver updates are entirely up to the seller and the geeks of the forum, and there may be times when Windows Update will not be able to use it.

2,The blue screen has a very high possibility and you need to rebuild the driver after the blue screen.

3,If you are looking for a driver on the forum, the driver provider can hide the PC Virus.

4,New games may not be compatible.

In addition, P106 only needs 200 CNY before the price increase (about 30USD, but does not include postage). If you want to buy P106 without a tutorial at a lower price, you can go to Ali's second-hand trading platform to take a look. (Not recommended, because there may be no after-sales service after the problem occurs.)It is possible to find P106 for 50 CNY (7.4 USD excluding postage).

So,if you wanna to buy a P106 from Taobao,the postage may be higher than the price of the graphics card.All in all,mining card is dangerous,so don't try it rashly.

Edited by Kedi

• 4 weeks later...

hi..i gotta a question..

has been trying for whole day on getting the p106 works.. end up not working as expected.

I am using windows build 1809 latest build.

CPU: i3-3220 with Integrated GPU - Intel HD 2500

anyone successfully using this build for the p106-100 test ?

I will do another attempt using windows 10 build 1803

if anyone have the experience..kindly share me..