macOS Mojave 10.14.4 enables automatic Dark Mode on websites with black themes

DrMacintosh
Go to solution Solved by RILEYISMYNAME,
On 1/28/2019 at 1:47 AM, firelighter487 said:

now where is my iOS dark mode. 

go to accessibility, and turn on smart invert colors. 

it makes some apps look weird but you can map it to turn on or off if you triple click the home button. 

i'm sure you can map it to another button on iPhones without a home button but i don't have one so i dunno.

Yeah! When I was doing the Dark Mode video I was really impressed with Smart Invert Colors on iOS. Now Android needs to get their act together so I can have it on my Pixel...

9 hours ago, williamcll said:

Does it work with this forum?

The way the themes are currently structured, the day and night themes are separate and it wouldn't be possible to make the media query work to switch between them. It is something that we could look into in the future, but for now it would be quite complex to make work, for the fairly small fraction of the user base that uses safari.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The way the themes are currently structured, the day and night themes are separate and it wouldn't be possible to make the media query work to switch between them. It is something that we could look into in the future, but for now it would be quite complex to make work, for the fairly small fraction of the user base that uses safari.

once other browsers implement it will it be considered? 

She/Her

14 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

once other browsers implement it will it be considered? 

At that point it will be reconsidered (and it is in development in other browsers at the moment - https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5109758977638400), but implementing it would involve some fairly significant under the hood changes, so do not take that to mean that it will actually be done, just that it will be considered.

HTTP/2 203

now where is my iOS dark mode. 

go to accessibility, and turn on smart invert colors. 

it makes some apps look weird but you can map it to turn on or off if you triple click the home button. 

i'm sure you can map it to another button on iPhones without a home button but i don't have one so i dunno.

Yeah! When I was doing the Dark Mode video I was really impressed with Smart Invert Colors on iOS. Now Android needs to get their act together so I can have it on my Pixel...

15 minutes ago, RILEYISMYNAME said:

Now Android

laughs in oxygenOS

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

55 minutes ago, RILEYISMYNAME said:

Now Android needs to get their act together so I can have it on my Pixel...

they won't. google doesn't think a dark mode is important. none of google's services other than youtube have it.

She/Her

1 hour ago, firelighter487 said:

they won't. google doesn't think a dark mode is important. none of google's services other than youtube have it.

Are you questioning Sr.Riley?!

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

16 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Are you questioning Sr.Riley?!

I'm not questioning. just saying he shouldn't be too hopeful. 

She/Her

On 1/28/2019 at 7:49 AM, CharminUltraStrong said:

But they could give Ableton a heads up. Nvidia graphics have been supported in all past versions of Mac OS, people are losing tons of software access, sound packs, plug-ins etc. out right because Mojave upsets your Ableton install.

"Hey just a heads up, we are releasing a new version of our OS in september, just like any other previous year. You will get access to the beta after WWDC, just like any other previous year"

@DrMacintosh what websites have you gotten this to work with? Doesn't work for YT for me, only the test website so far. 

20 hours ago, Umberto said:

"Hey just a heads up, we are releasing a new version of our OS in september, just like any other previous year. You will get access to the beta after WWDC, just like any other previous year"

and even then macOS upgrades are not forced. 

She/Her