I NEED HELP

Don't ask why but I need the most performance possible out of a Pentium 4 540 (3.2GHZ 1c/2t 32BIT) for gaming. Any suggestions other than the make Windows see the 2 threads option which I've already done

4 minutes ago, Dimondminer11 said:

Don't ask why but I need the most performance possible out of a Pentium 4 540 (3.2GHZ 1c/2t 32BIT) for gaming. Any suggestions other than the make Windows see the 2 threads option which I've already done

I don't know how much more you can push an old prescott chip like that. I think those chips are locked so, perhaps, pushing the voltage up a bit higher. From what I remember their threshold is in the 1.4 range for voltage and OCin'g a single core CPU and getting it stable across 1 core shouldn't be terribly difficult. Pentium 4 540's don't turbo unfortunately : (

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Just upgrade lol, any system running a cpu like that's is a potato. You won't be able to do much with a cpu like that 

Do i Recommend Ryzen? Yes. All of the Yes.

Main Rig Specs - BIG BOI

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz

ASUS Gaming TUF B450 Micro-ATX

2x4Gb HyperX DDR4 @2133

GTX 1070 Founders Edition

Corsair Crystal 280X

500Gb SanDisk Sata SSD, 1Tb 7200RPM Hdd

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze

EKWB A240

4 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I don't know how much more you can push an old prescott chip like that. I think those chips are locked so, perhaps, pushing the voltage up a bit higher. From what I remember their threshold is in the 1.4 range for voltage and OCin'g a single core CPU and getting it stable across 1 core shouldn't be terribly difficult. Pentium 4 540's don't turbo unfortunately : (

But howd I do that? The CPU is in an Optiplex GX280. I also have a 3.6ghz P4 chip but it won't work in the mobo.

I'm surprised you don't have any popped capacitors on that GX280.  That model is cursed.

For real, lol, I would just salvage the parts for another system and avoid that motherboard and power supply and case since it's Proprietary .

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |