Seagate Hdd 1tb SMART test fail

Sir could you please look at the video
Because Lenovo ideapad 330 81DE01MJIN your version that i purchased flipkart making the same noise. Sir is your laptop also making same noise ??
on online forum i found it is seagate hdd sound made by that specific version Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK72
It passed smart short self test and smart drive self test on seagate hdd tools but failed on lenovo vantage hardware scan on smart short self test and smart drive self test ??
Please help asap i am confused???

Sounds like a 2.5" mechanical drive to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it is failing S.M.A.R.T tests that means there could be markers on the drive pointing to a statistical probability of failure. There is a utility called CrystalDiskInfo you can check the S.M.A.R.T status of a drive. Utility found here https://crystalmark.info/en/download/ Anime girl versions of the utility are completely optional...

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Razor Blade said:

Sounds like a 2.5" mechanical drive to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it is failing S.M.A.R.T tests that means there could be markers on the drive pointing to a statistical probability of failure. There is a utility called CrystalDiskInfo you can check the S.M.A.R.T status of a drive. Utility found here https://crystalmark.info/en/download/ Anime girl versions of the utility are completely optional...

It is 2.5inch hdd

I did try crystal diskinfo it passed it 

My question is isn't the sound coming strange and alarming?????

Please help

17 minutes ago, Abhishek Tyagi said:

It is 2.5inch hdd

I did try crystal diskinfo it passed it 

My question is isn't the sound coming strange and alarming?????

Please help

Alarming sounds would be bearing grinding sound, metallic *click click*, tapping, or even beeping (hint here...hard drives typically don't have speakers). The dull fast *thunk thunk* sounds are the sounds a head makes when it is seeking its way around the platter. Audible volume can be affected by the drive itself, the mounting solution your computer has, and drive age.

I am not familiar enough with "Lenovo vantage hardware scan" to say what to look for. It may have failed because the laptop isn't Lenovo brand or maybe there is something else. I use crystal disk info regularly so as long as it is able to read the drive properly and until proven otherwise, I personally trust what it says.

EDIT: Something to add here...Regardless if you trust the drive or not, you should always be backing up important data. Spindle drives don't always give an audible sign when the fail...

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Razor Blade said:

Alarming sounds would be bearing grinding sound, metallic *click click*, tapping, or even beeping (hint here...hard drives typically don't have speakers). The dull fast *thunk thunk* sounds are the sounds a head makes when it is seeking its way around the platter. Audible volume can be affected by the drive itself, the mounting solution your computer has, and drive age.

I am not familiar enough with "Lenovo vantage hardware scan" to say what to look for. It may have failed because the laptop isn't Lenovo brand or maybe there is something else. I use crystal disk info regularly so as long as it is able to read the drive properly and until proven otherwise, I personally trust what it says.

EDIT: Something to add here...Regardless if you trust the drive or not, you should always be backing up important data. Spindle drives don't always give an audible sign when the fail...

It is a lenovo laptop 

Could you please describe more on how to interpret and use crystaldiskinfo

3 minutes ago, Abhishek Tyagi said:

It is a lenovo laptop 

Could you please describe more on how to interpret and use crystaldiskinfo

I see...the video you posted showed an ASUS laptop so I misunderstood. Another utility you can use since it is a Seagate drive, the company offers SeaTools https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/ which

For interpreting S.M.A.R.T drive info, here is an article on Seagate's website...

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/203971en

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Razor Blade said:

I see...the video you posted showed an ASUS laptop so I misunderstood. Another utility you can use since it is a Seagate drive, the company offers SeaTools https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/ which

For interpreting S.M.A.R.T drive info, here is an article on Seagate's website...

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/203971en

Sir 

I already did seatools test , gsmart test , checkdiskinfo SMART tests..

What if the drive past all the smart test but still makes that grinding noise in the video..

because miraculously when I performed the Lenovo vintage test again on my Lenovo laptop it passed the smart test but it still making that a grinding noise as shown in the video above that is concerning the noise because as far as I know of all the laptop that I had neither of them had a noise similar to that.

29 minutes ago, Abhishek Tyagi said:

video above that is concerning the noise because as far as I know of all the laptop that I had neither of them had a noise similar to that.

It sounds like a noisy 2.5 inch HDD to me. If you're worried about it, back it up and replace it with an SSD.