S10 accidental price reveal.

Noctus
7 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

iPhone XR´s Screen is awful. It is still 1334x750, barely HD, stretched through 6 inches. It is awful, you can see the pixels even from far away.

iphone 8 has that reso, not XR.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

46 minutes ago, Noctus said:

Different arguments to be had between buying a 1k "phone" and Android vs Apple.

True, but I think you might see what I'm getting at.  If you're willing to throw huge sums of cash at a major phone brand, you're not exactly going against the grain.

49 minutes ago, Commodus said:

True, but I think you might see what I'm getting at.  If you're willing to throw huge sums of cash at a major phone brand, you're not exactly going against the grain.

On that i quite agree, especially if you are on the side of complaining about apples price compared to w/e you buy. I just felt the "pot calling the kettle black" argument isn't (imo) related to the apple / android argument is all.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

But if you're paying 1700 for an Android phone you can get from OnePlus or Poco whatnot for like $500, well you're only fooling yourself

Not really, those phones are that cheap for a reason, and it's not because the companies pushing them are just selling at lower margins.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Not really, those phones are that cheap for a reason, and it's not because the companies pushing them are just selling at lower margins.

IDK I mean like the OnePlus flagship compared to the S series. Mid-range bracket compared to high end, I'm not an expert on this but the gap seems to be closing or re-adjusting. Maybe I'm even comparing 1k to 1.7k as in this case? 

4 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Maybe I'm even comparing 1k to 1.7k as in this case? 

The Note 9 is $1000. The S9 is cheaper. But with both, you get consistently better software and are likely to get better support.

And the S Pen.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

The Note 9 is $1000. The S9 is cheaper. But with both, you get consistently better software and are likely to get better support.

And the S Pen.

Thats true. I get caught along with all the spec baloney Android users say, so I get the thinking that thats what they care about most. Updates I would imagine will be better. As with anything you get what you pay for. 

On 1/23/2019 at 5:01 AM, Noctus said:

It suggests the higher end model will be priced at €1,599 (£1,400) – almost the same price as the top-of-the-range iPhone XS Max.

But the S10 Lite will start at €779 and increase to somewhere between €929 and €1,179 for the standard Galaxy S10, depending on the storage. 

I've heard that the Italian tech-market usually is around 20-30% more expensive than other European markets. So, the S10 series being priced significantly higher than their previous S9 series is not really a fair conclusion. Let's hope for the best.