S10 accidental price reveal.

Noctus

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/samsung-galaxy-s10-price-latest-leak-specs-iphone-xs-comparison-a8740771.html

It would appear the leak comes from Italian website TuttoAndroid. Who claim the phone will cost an even more staggering amount, putting it near the same price as Apples flagship. Also includes info on the lower end s10 models. 

It suggests the higher end model will be priced at €1,599 (£1,400) – almost the same price as the top-of-the-range iPhone XS Max.

But the S10 Lite will start at €779 and increase to somewhere between €929 and €1,179 for the standard Galaxy S10, depending on the storage. 

Man that is disheartening. Considering I want the note 10 and its generally pricier than its "S series" sibling. Fuck my wallet, amirite? ?

Thoughts? 

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

@Noctus Please note the thread has been moved to the Phones and Tables section as it falls short of the Tech News Posting requirements. Once updated it may be eligible to be reinstated. 

Ahh, the $750 iPhone XR looks a lot more affordable now doesn't it? Lol

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

15 minutes ago, Noctus said:

Considering I want the note 10 and its generally pricier than its "S series" sibling. Fuck my wallet, amirite? ?

Don't forget how LTT gave the note 9 an "almost perfect." Made me go out and buy a note 8.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

and i thought i overpaid for my Red Hydrogen lol

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Don't forget how LTT gave the note 9 an "almost perfect." Made me go out and buy a note 8.

My only cocern is once the S10 lands, the S8 will be put on the backburner for updates and just get 9.0 with no future updates.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 1/22/2019 at 5:26 PM, DrMacintosh said:

Short answer, no.

Long answer. You need calculate for few things.

First, it's Italian price, which means the price is around 25%-ish (approximately) higher than in US. So if the S10 Lite (which is the XR competitor) turns out to be €779 which is $885, the US price should be around $700, and that's launch price. For comparison, XR in Italy is €879, which is not launch price, is around $1000. The full S10 models are going up vs XS/Max, Lite is the XR competitor. So no, XR still doesn't look affordable. Far from it. But to be non-biased, the S10 lineup doesn't look affordable. Maybe the Lite? I don't know. I suppose it depends on what it'll offer. Also, in few months, it'll probably lose 25-30%, which is what happens in europe. So normal S10 should be like €700. Which is how XR is old and still costs €879 in Italy. Here it costs €900-ish. 

On 1/22/2019 at 5:35 PM, AluminiumTech said:

My only cocern is once the S10 lands, the S8 will be put on the backburner for updates and just get 9.0 with no future updates.

Big Android updates? Probably not. Security updates? Yes. S6 still receives them. When it comes to security updates, Samsung gives 4-5 years or so.

On 1/22/2019 at 5:33 PM, fasauceome said:

Basically every media out there named the Note 9 the phone of the year, the arguably only flagship that has literally no compromises. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

49 minutes ago, W-L said:

@Noctus Please note the thread has been moved to the Phones and Tables section as it falls short of the Tech News Posting requirements. Once updated it may be eligible to be reinstated. 

Better? 

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

1 hour ago, Noctus said:

It suggests the higher end model will be priced at €1,599 (£1,400) – almost the same price as the top-of-the-range iPhone XS Max.

Ouch! 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yes let's all praise Apple for ushering in and normalizing the $1,000+ smartphone price!

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

the arguably only flagship that has literally no compromises

No IR blaster.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

No IR blaster.

I don't call a compromise something they removed years ago (iirc with the Note 5). Next thing you're gonna tell me that there should be a removable battery on the Note 9. 

Damnit Samsung.

Looks like my next phone wont be a Samsung. Pushing prices that high is insane, but people will probably still buy it. Sigh...

On 1/22/2019 at 7:14 PM, Bouzoo said:

I don't call a compromise something they removed years ago (iirc with the Note 5). Next thing you're gonna tell me that there should be a removable battery on the Note 9. 

I wouldn't be against modern smartphones with easier serviceability to the battery. It's usually the first component to go if not the screen.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

No IR blaster.

That's been gone for a while on Samsung devices. There were probably concerns regarding potentially nefarious use cases. I enjoyed it on the Galaxy S5 while I was using that but I understand why they would no longer include the feature on newer models.

Good thing I bought my S9+ on cyber monday for only $600..

the sky is up

5 minutes ago, pzspah said:

How about no, and I'm a note9 owner.

Note 9 here aswel. Let's hope they do a killer trade in deal for the Note 10 (and the note 10 has killer features) 

1 minute ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

I wouldn't be against modern smartphones with easier serviceability to the battery. It's usually the first component to go if not the screen.

It's questionable how well it would fare in the water in that case if you ask me. We will never know. Mind you, there is no need to even change the battery in less than 2 years, I don't remember seeing a single article, or have seen anywhere batteries that degrade so fast. I personally change them every 2 years, but they are still far from dying. And in that time it falls under warranty (maybe 1 year, depending on OEM?). You can just pay someone like 10 euros to change it, in a repair shop. 

Please, nobody start the S5 argument again, it's pointless. 

9 minutes ago, Noctus said:

Note 9 here aswel. Let's hope they do a killer trade in deal for the Note 10 (and the note 10 has killer features) 

S7 owner here. Might trade in my phone for a Note 10 (that's if the price and aesthetics are good. not a fan of that hole in the screen thing samsung's doing).

10 minutes ago, Richtofen The Hyena said:

Good thing I bought my S9+ on cyber monday for only $600..

Brand new or refurbished? If it's brand new then that's a brilliant deal.

2 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

So the highest end S10+ is going to match the highest end price of the XS Max? Color me surprised. Not really sure what the comment is about.

Assuming the same conversion rate in all the devices... the S10 Lite is estimated at 700 pounds. So still cheaper than the XR, even if a giant rippoff. (The XR starts at 750 pounds).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

15 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Mind you, there is no need to even change the battery in less than 2 years, I don't remember seeing a single article, or have seen anywhere batteries that degrade so fast.

In most cases a battery won't need to be changed for a good 3-5 years although my friend had a Galaxy S7 that'd barely last 3 hours. The phone was about 2 years old and hadn't been used all too much, but then again that level of degradation has happened to every S7 I've seen (including mine, which is only 9 months old).

12 minutes ago, 1kv said:

S7 owner here. Might trade in my phone for a Note 10 (that's if the price and aesthetics are good. not a fan of that hole in the screen thing samsung's doing).

Brand new or refurbished? If it's brand new then that's a brilliant deal.

I bought my S9+ for 550 at launch direct from Samsung. Well... 550 after the 300 dollars they gave me for an S7 that's only condition was that the screen needed to not be completely shattered, lol.

At that time you could literally buy basically broken S7's for like 100 dollars, turn around sell the s9+ for 900-1000 dollars and make yourself a quick 250.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Just now, 1kv said:

In most cases a battery won't need to be changed for a good 3-5 years although my friend had an S7 that'd barely last 3 hours. The phone was about 2 years old and hadn't been used all too much, but then again that level of degradation has happened to every S7 I've seen (including mine, which is only 9 months old).

I'd call 5 years very extensive, I have never such good battery. 3 years is a good spot, batteries cost what, $20-30? If they degraded even 30%, I'd say it's a worthy trade.

That's interesting, my gf's sister has an S7, normal, not Edge, bought it when it launched, still on first battery. 

1 minute ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

I bought my S9+ for 550 w tax at launch direct from Samsung. Well... 550 after the 300 dollars they gave me for an S7 that's only condition was that the screen needed to not be shattered, lol.

550? Damn, America has it good. That's a brilliant deal.

In the UK it costs £769.95 ($997.31) for a brand new S9+ (although that's without a trade-in).