Part of GPU Burnt Can It Be Replaced

xDrakon

Part of my GPU was burnt up when I turned on my PC today. The display never came on and I started to smell burnt electronics so I quick flipped the power supply off. Then I noticed the GPU was the culprit and after taking off the heatsink I found what appears to be a burnt part of the VRM if I'm correct(shown in images). I was just wondering if this is replaceable and if so is it worth it to try getting it fixed or fixing myself?

P.S. The rest of the system booted fine after I took out the GPU and tried the Integrated Graphics.

image0.jpg

image0 (1).jpg

What card is it? Can make out what looks like 04-200-A1 on the die so I'm guessing it's a GP104 for a GTX 1070. Manufacturer? If the card is under warranty return it to the manufacturer for a replacement.

You should also consider what might have caused the VRM to fry. What PSU do you have?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

can it be repaired? Yes. Do you or I have the skill (or tools) to pull it off safely, economically, and without breaking the rest of the card? Not likely. 

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

What card is it? Can make out what looks like 04-200-A1 on the die so I'm guessing it's a GP104 for a GTX 1070. Manufacturer? If the card is under warranty return it to the manufacturer for a replacement.

You should also consider what might have caused the VRM to fry. What PSU do you have?

It is a gigabyte GTX 1070 mini. It sadly isn't under warranty as of last November. I have a corsair 650w 80 plus bronze.