I need a CPU cooler for 8700k under $44 USD

a poor computer builder

these days I was overclocking my 8700k but I broke it and it went to 100C, now I bought a new 8700k but I think I should have a new cooler since it broke because of this, but because I bought an 8700k so I don't have much budget left, so if these's any one of your wonderful people that can tell me a good CPU cooler under $44(USD), please help me. A little more than that is ok(I think so).

Depends on what your case will fit. If it can fit it, I'd go with the Deepcool Lucifer V2. It should perform better than pretty much anything in the price bracket air cooler-wise.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

You're going to have to elaborate a lot more. Your cpu broke? Why can't you use the previous cooler? Did the cooler also break?

What were you doing overclocking it if your budget is $44?

cause I'm overclocking and find out that my cooler is not good enough to overclock so I consider changing a cooler and I have only a little budget because...

(I bought too much games on Steam) :P

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed the waste of space(s)

35 minutes ago, a poor computer builder said:

these days I was overclocking my 8700k but I broke it and it went to 100C, now I bought a new 8700k but I think I should have a new cooler since it broke because of this, but because I bought an 8700k so I don't have much budget left, so if these's any one of your wonderful people that can tell me a good CPU cooler under $44(USD), please help me. A little more than that is ok(I think so).

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=22B-002R-00001

The True Spirit 140 is really good, but you need good case clearance. The Macho Direct is about as good and fits into a bit tighter of case.

Just now, a poor computer builder said:

that's what I'm using right now XD

Wait, you broke a OC'd CPU on a >500g air cooler?

and yes, I kinda broke my CPU although it still works but cinebench proves anything it only has 200 scores, XD

42 minutes ago, a poor computer builder said:

3 minutes ago, a poor computer builder said:

that's what I'm using right now XD

So did you break your CPU by OC'ing it on a weak air cooler? Or did you break it on one of the air coolers I linked?

@a poor computer builder Please quote or mention the person of whom you are speaking to so they know you are directing your comments to ...

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, a poor computer builder said:

@Taf the GhostIDK but I know it went to over 100 degree and @SansVarnicthank you for telling me that cuase this is the first time I use LCT(LinusCrackTips) forum XD

You must have done something to let it hit 100 c.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, a poor computer builder said:

@Taf the GhostIDK but I know it went to over 100 degree and @SansVarnicthank you for telling me that cuase this is the first time I use LCT(LinusCrackTips) forum XD

Firstly, clear your BIOS and put the CPU back at stock. The fact you were OC'ing a 8700k without really heavy cooling means you didn't know what you were doing.

Second, this should be the best air cooler around 50USD.

how to reset intel extreme something that I can't spell

I have soemthing to go out I no longer have control to my PC bye GTG

11 minutes ago, a poor computer builder said:

捕获.PNG

whoa whoa whoa now. Lets all just take a step back.

Firstly, why is your vcore at 1.48? That is WAY high, like, that is just insane. Did you manually set that?

Second, is your core speed shown as 798 changing at all, or is it stuck at that speed even while you run cinebench? That could be why your score is so low, if its not turboing at all, it will perform terrible. But its possible its just instantly thermal throttling because of that insane vcore.

I have an 8700k, at idle 798 Mhz the vcore is .752v. At 5 GHz I am at 1.312.

Why is your vcore so high, and is it boosting at all? The CPU might actually be fine, but if you don't fix your BIOS settings your just going to damage your next CPU if this one is in fact damaged from the poor overclock. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

2 hours ago, a poor computer builder said:

@ligistx I used intel extreme tuning 

Did you use some auto-OC? Those aren't recommended for a reason. You can get better results by doing manual OC with BIOS. Like in there where you have way too high voltage than you would even need. Voltage is the reason why you have such high temps, not cooler being bad. And you can't get better cooler with sub-$50 price range. High temps and volts are probably reason for bad benchmark performance as you are thermal throttling.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv