after switching display port cable my monitor is locked at 23 fps

Matrooper

I even went as far as reïnstalling my latest geforce now drivers and deleting my monitor and reïnstalling it, i also used my old cable again and one from a friend but after i tried the new cable..my 1st screen keeps stuck at this 23fps..and i can't change it in my monitor settings also.. :( i hope someone knows howto solve this.

Okay. could you tell me the following things:

1. Is your cable connected to the graphics card or motherboard?

2. What graphics card are you using?

3. What monitor is it? (exact model number might be helpful, so please include it if you know)

4. What OS are you using on your PC?

7 minutes ago, Snowglobes_The_Destroyer said:

Okay. could you tell me the following things:

1. Is your cable connected to the graphics card or motherboard?

2. What graphics card are you using?

3. What monitor is it? (exact model number might be helpful, so please include it if you know)

4. What OS are you using on your PC?

1: To the Graphics Card

2: Zotac GTX 1070

3: XB270HU

4: Windows 10

Try Glenwing's solution if that doesn't work try the following:
When you try to set the monitor fps, did you do it through Nvidia Control panel,? If not, might be worth a shot.

Also, If that doesn't work try through windows' Control Panel. there should be a way to access the monitor settings from there. 
If that still doesn't work, I bet there's a better way to do it through device manager, but I'm not very knowledgeable with it,

7 minutes ago, Snowglobes_The_Destroyer said:

Try Glenwing's solution if that doesn't work try the following:
When you try to set the monitor fps, did you do it through Nvidia Control panel,? If not, might be worth a shot.

Also, If that doesn't work try through windows' Control Panel. there should be a way to access the monitor settings from there. 
If that still doesn't work, I bet there's a better way to do it through device manager, but I'm not very knowledgeable with it,

nope, cant do it through monitor settings through windows 10 and also not through nvidia control panel..already tried those

damn....I'm guessing @Glenwing's solution didn't work either? have you tried looking up if there are any monitor specific driver's from acer's website? Other than that I can't really think of anything

I mean if the other cable worked and this one doesn't wouldn't that mean it's simply a bad cable? 

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I mean if the other cable worked and this one doesn't wouldn't that mean it's simply a bad cable? 

no, because i already used my old one again and my friend's one..and it's still locked at 23fps

12 minutes ago, Snowglobes_The_Destroyer said:

damn....I'm guessing @Glenwing's solution didn't work either? have you tried looking up if there are any monitor specific driver's from acer's website? Other than that I can't really think of anything

i will leave the power off till tomorrow evening..we'l see what it does

22 hours ago, Snowglobes_The_Destroyer said:

Nope, still same today