loleeffoC

Hey guys,

first of all, these are my specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4440 CPU@3.10GHz

RAM. 8GB

Windows 10 64-Bit

GPU: Nvidia geforce gtx1050ti 4gb gddr5

420 watt powersupply

I play LoL on quite a high lvl and have been troubled by constant FPS issues. I load into the game with ~300 FPS, but constantly get tiny stutters where the fps drops by ~50. Also, the longer the game goes (and the more animations are happening) the more the fps drops (down until ~80). I use Msi afterburner to overclock my gpu and track data for ram, cpu and temperatures etc. Every single one of the stats is super good( RAM doesnt exceed 60% usage, gpu doesnt even get close to 50% and the cpu usage% is quite low aswell except for small outbursts to ~70%.  temperatures at ~40*C. I even reset my computer today to make sure there's no software issues, drivers are up to date. I don't have any other programs open when playing and use the very lowest grafic options available. I feel like I've covered pretty much everything there is, so I've come here for help. Unfortunately the game feels unplayable at a high lvl due to these mini-stutters and most certainly unenjoyable.

Thanks very much in advance for your advice!

What is your ram clock speed?

Also, welcome to the forum!

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

1 minute ago, loleeffoC said:

Thans for the friendly welcome,

It's ddr3 RAM

You have to quote the person that responded so they can see that you actually responded to their comment. Use the arrow in the comment box to quote. It's circled in the picture.

quote.jpeg

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

2 minutes ago, mxk. said:

You have to quote the person that responded so they can see that you actually responded to their comment. Use the arrow in the comment box to quote. It's circled in the picture.

quote.jpeg

I truly am new here, thanks for letting me know !

Sounds like you are running into a cpu bottleneck. If you want to make sure you can lower the graphics settings to the lowest possible and see if the issue remains. If it does It would be a pretty good sign it's a cpu bottleneck. League of legends generally dips in fps when there are alot of things going on because of the cpu being loaded as a result. Having a ton if minions is one big one that can tank fps if you cpu isn't so great.   

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Sounds like you are running into a cpu bottleneck. If you want to make sure you can lower the graphics settings to the lowest possible and see if the issue remains. If it does It would be a pretty good sign it's a cpu bottleneck. League of legends generally dips in fps when there are alot of things going on because of the cpu being loaded as a result. Having a ton if minions is one big one that can tank fps if you cpu isn't so great.   

Do u mean the graphics ingame? They are on the lowest options possible. I have the fps cracks even when using e.g a blastcone, at drake spawns or teamfights. It doesn't only happen when a lot of stuff is going on ingame.

39 minutes ago, loleeffoC said:

Do u mean the graphics ingame? They are on the lowest options possible. I have the fps cracks even when using e.g a blastcone, at drake spawns or teamfights. It doesn't only happen when a lot of stuff is going on ingame.

If you want high fps consistently you are going to want a better cpu regardless. Lol isn't a hard game to run so the 1050 ti should be more than enough to run the game at high fps at low settings. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

If you want high fps consistently you are going to want a better cpu regardless. Lol isn't a hard game to run so the 1050 ti should be more than enough to run the game at high fps at low settings. 

I know my cpu isn't the best but shouldn't I be able to play league fluently at lowest graphics? It's not really about high fps, just fluent gameplay

1 minute ago, loleeffoC said:

I know my cpu isn't the best but shouldn't I be able to play league fluently at lowest graphics? It's not really about high fps, just fluent gameplay

It's hard to say. If you want fluent gameplay just lock the fps. The ironic part is that a cpu that is not bad but not good might be good enough to hit high fps at times but then dip because it doesn't have the power to maintain that fps.

Really weird situation tbh :/my cpu usage % averaged ~45 in my last league game.  I have frames capped at 144, anything under that feels abosulutely terrible and very buggy ( esp capping at 60 )

Is there any more imput? I feel like there has to be something to be done without buying a new cpu